Chapter Three

Dianne’s week had been great. She was getting used to her new position and her superiors were satisfied, if not impressed, with the quality of her work. She also liked being busy, because with all the work she was doing, Adrian wasn’t weighing in her mind as much as before. Although, she was still worried that she might encounter Adrian in the mall.

            She was thankful that Adrian was busy with his work as the mall’s president. But still, every time she walks out of the office, she would feel terribly nervous. She knew that it was only a matter of time before the two of them inevitably meet. Her only hope was that for it to happen when she’s a little bit more ready.           

            There are things that you could never really be prepared for. There are moments that your mind would simply go blank, even though you have gone through that scenario, in your head, over and over again. For Dianne, that moment would be meeting Adrian once again. Would she be able to face, to talk to him? How would she even explain everything to him? How can she say that they aren’t for each other without hurting him or herself? All of those questions were swimming on her head.

            “Dianne, a minute.” Helena called her.

            Dianne snapped back to reality and walked towards Helena’s table. “Do you need something?” She asked in a very attentive tone.

            “Ms. Lovell needs this file for the meeting. Bring this to her at Conference Room C.” Helena said while handing her a folder.

            “Okay.” Dianne said with a smile. Kristen Lovell, or Ms. Lovell as the employees call her, is the Advertising VP of Lovell Crown as well as the granddaughter of the Chairman and owner of Lovell Group. Knowing all that, Dianne became nervous. It was the first time that she would meet someone in the Lovell family.

            Dianne opened the door of the conference room nervously, not knowing what was waiting for her inside. “Excuse Ms. Lovell, I have the files you need.” She said as she saw a woman on the woman siting by the long table.

            The woman extended her hand, without turning around to get the files from Dianne. “Is this all?” She asked when she got the file.

            “Yes. I think so.” Dianne replied.

            “You think so? Look here…” Ms. Lovell sounded a bit irritated and arrogant. “You…” She said shakily as she turned around and finally saw Dianne’s face. “What are you doing here?”

            Dianne was shocked to see the woman’s face as well. 

            It was back in Paris when they first met. Dianne just returned to her hotel from a great romantic dinner with Adrian. The doorbell suddenly rang and when she opened her door, Kristen Lovell was outside waiting. Kristen looked pretty pissed.

            “So you’re the woman.” She said as she entered Dianne’s hotel room without any invitation. “My god! You can sleep here?!” She said haughtily as she looked around the room. “Well, I’m not surprised.” She scoffed. “I’m going to make this short, because I don’t want to stay in this cheap place any longer. Adrian is the third son of the Roberts Industries, one of the richest families in the world. A lot is expected of him. Clearly you see what I’m trying to say.” She said as she looked at Dianne seriously. “You’re not good enough for him. When his family finds out that he is going out with a cheap girl like you, he could lose everything that he had worked for. And if you think, he’ll fight for you, and then stop dreaming. You’re just a fling that he would forget once he gets back home. So save yourself the trouble and get away from him.” Kristen finished talking and bumped into Dianne before going out.