Chapter Twenty - FInale

“Are you sure we should stay behind? Why don’t we just go there as well?” Dianne asked worriedly as she and Adrian sat in front of the huge TV screen waiting for the scene to unfold.

            It had been three days since Xavier left, and on the night that he left, Adrian tried to call Raphael, but he failed on his attempt to talk to him. Luck was still on his side though, because he was able to talk to Nathaniel Verrall.

            That night a plan was hatched by the two.

            “Do you think Xavier would come?” Dianne asked worriedly.

            “I don’t know, but I wish that he does come. This is the only chance for him and Raphael to be together. Their one last chance.” Adrian said nervously as well.

            They looked at each other’s eyes and then held hands as they turned their eyes back on the screen. As the scene unfolds before their very eyes, Adrian and Dianne held hands tighter, and as the seconds passed, a smile appeared on their lips.

            “He came…” Dianne said happily. “They’re finally together…”

            “Yes… now, Xavier can finally smile again.” Adrian replied.

            Happily, the two of them looked at each other. Their eyes met and they could see the happiness in each other’s eyes. Slowly, they moved closer and closer, until their lips finally met.

            Months later, Dianne was standing behind the double door of the cathedral, and everything that happened before was just a distant memory. Finally the doors opened and Dianne walked down the aisle with her long, white, and gorgeous wedding gown. She was trying her best not to cry as her Uncle Byron walked her down the aisle.

            In front, Adrian was waiting for with a smile. Beside Adrian were Xavier and Raphael smiling at her as well. Everything was perfect, she couldn’t wish for anything more.

            She reached the end of the aisle and her Uncle handed her hand to Adrian. They smiled at each other.

            “Congratulations.” Raphael muttered happily. Beside him, Xavier was smiling widely as well. Although Xavier couldn’t speak yet, Dianne knew that he was truly happy at that moment.

            Dianne, herself, was truly happy at that moment as well.

            The ceremony started and Adrian’s heart was pounding the whole time. He was exited and yet nervous at the same time, but he was trying his best not to let it show. As he took Dianne’s hand, his heart pounded even faster and stronger.

            The ceremony ended and finally they were pronounced husband and wife. Everyone in was cheering and clapping, the newlyweds looked at each other in the eyes, and slowly they moved closer. Then, their lips locked for a sweet kiss that would seal their fate.

            As Adrian looked around the reception hall, he couldn’t help but smile. It was truly a joyous occasion. His smile became even wider when he saw Xavier and Raphael dancing happily and wackily with each other, those two were dancing and laughing happily and seeing that was enough to make him feel contended.

            What made Adrian truly happy from deep in his heart was the fact that his dancing with the woman he truly loves, with his soul mate, with his wife, with Dianne.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

            Raphael was sitting in the bench inside Xavier’s special greenhouse. Xavier’s head was resting on his lap as he rustled Xavier’s hair. They were taking a break from the reception, wanting to have a quiet time together.

            Xavier looked up at Raphael and smiled widely. Even though it was difficult for him to let out his voice, it was still very easy for him to express how much he loves Raphael.

            “Are you really that happy?” Raphael asked.

            Xavier nodded.

            “I’m really happy too.” Raphael replied.

            After everything that the two of them had been through, Raphael was truly thankful and happy that finally he was with the love of his life. No one and nothing could separate them anymore. At that moment, Raphael’s heart was filled with eternal happiness, happiness that was over flowing and would never run out.

            “The flowers are blooming beautifully.” Raphael said as he looked around Xavier’s garden. He looked at Xavier and saw a proud smile on Xavier’s lips. “Wow, are you boasting right now? Fine I get it, you did a great job.” Raphael said, perfectly understanding what was in Xavier’s mind.

            Xavier pouted a bit. He looked at Raphael with cute puppy eyes.

            “What now?” Raphael asked sweetly. “You want a reward?”

            As Raphael leaned closer Xavier kissed Raphael and then gave a little surprise.

            “I love you.” Xavier whispered in Raphael’s ear.

            “You! You can talk?!” Raphael was shocked. All that time, they thought that Xavier couldn’t speak yet. “Since when?” He asked curiously and excitedly.

            “Who knows....” Xavier replied with a naughty smile, and slowly Raphael remembered what happened that fateful night.

            Everyone in the ballroom was taken aback when the double doors opened. Men in white tuxedos bearing the logo of Lovell Company lined up and in the middle of them all, Xavier appeared.

            Raphael stood motionless in the middle of the ballroom. Everyone else in the room was shocked as well, they couldn’t comprehend what a Lovell was doing in a Verrall party.

            Emotions started to well up inside of Raphael. He felt guilty for being away for so long, and yet he was truly happy to finally see Xavier once again. Tears were forming in his eyes, and he could see that the same thing was happening to Xavier.

            The whole place was quiet, and slowly Raphael and Xavier walked towards each other. They stood in front of each other, smiling a little as tears fell from their eyes. They missed each other so much that seeing each other again were very overwhelming.

            Everyone in the ballroom was still and quiet until Nathaniel Verrall’s voice echoed in the room. “Ladies and gentle, may I introduce my son, Raphael’s fiancé, Xavier Lovell.” HE said.

            The room was filled with shock and uproar, both from the guest, the media, and the whole Verrall family. But all of those were blocked away.

            For Xavier and Raphael, there were only the two of them in that room. Everyone else disappeared form their sight, every noise was flooded away by the strong beating of their heart.

            Finally, they moved closer to each other, they placed their hands of each other’s cheeks, and then finally shared a very sweet and passionate kiss.

            A kiss that would seal their fate.

            A kiss that  would signal that their search for that one elusive love is finally over.