Chapter Eight

Dianne and Olivia were standing dumbfounded in front of Dianne’s bed. In Dianne’s bed was a box of expensive designer gown given to Dianne by Adrian. There was note with the box. “Dianne .Wear this to my party this weekend, I’ll be waiting for you there. Adrian.” Olivia read the note.

            “This is definitely something else…” Olivia said, sounding very amazed. “Do you know how much a gown by this designer cost? You could buy a car if you sell this gown.” She said in complete awe.

            “He didn’t have to send such expensive gown to me…” Dianne sighed. It’s been quite a long time since she last spent time with Adrian. Because of the rumors going around the mall, the two of them decided to let things cool down before meeting again.

            “You’re definitely going to his party.” Olivia said. “I mean, you haven’t seen him for quite a while. Besides, he clearly wants you to be there, I mean, he wouldn’t send such an expensive gown if he didn’t.”

            “I don’t know. His family, his friends, and basically everyone involved with his family would be there. I don’t know if I could be comfortable with so many rich people around. I mean, how do I even act around them?” Dianne was worried that she might do something wrong and end up embarrassing Adrian in front of everybody.

            “Just act like yourself.” Olivia said. “Don’t be so negative and just try to have some fun. The more you think about how you’ll act, the more chances of you ending up acting like a total dork.” Olivia added.

            “I guess you’re right…” Dianne said with a sigh as she closed the box. She was still very worried.

            When she was alone that night, Adrian called her. “Did you receive it?” He asked in a curious and excited tone.

            “Yes… But, you shouldn’t have sent me such an expensive gown. I could just borrow from Olivia…” Dianne said.

            “I just want to make sure that all eyes would be on you that night. I want you to be the most beautiful woman there, although you already are in my eyes.” Adrian said sweetly.

            Dianne chuckled after hearing what Adrian said. “You are so cheesy sometimes.” She said. “Do you think it would be really alright for me to attend your party?” She asked worriedly.

            “Of course!” Adrian answered instantly. “It’s my special day, and I want everyone who is important to me to be there. Besides, my Mom is already too excited to meet you. I want you there, it’s that simple.” Adrian said in a very cheerful manner. “Hey, what are you doing?”

            “Nothing really.” Dianne answered. She was sitting at the edge of her bed, combing her hair with her fingers. “Why do you ask?”

            “Then, can you look out the window?” Adrian requested.

            “Why?” Dianne asked confusedly and curiously.

            “Just look out the window, please.” Adrian said. Dianne stood up, walked towards her window and opened it. She was surprised to see Adrian waving at her form his car. “I missed you so bad that I just need to see you.” He said and then Dianne saw him smile. Seeing him that happy made Dianne smile as well.

            “Wait a minute, I’ll let you in.” Dianne said as she walked away from the window. She was about to go out of her room but Adrian stopped her.