Chapter Thirty-Six- Goodbyes

'You should go to Sydney, Gem. Your mum gave you that ticket for your birthday and you can't just refund it." Jai argues.

"I want to go, Jai, I really do, but I can't leave you right now with all that's going on!" I say loudly.

"Yes you can, Gem, seriously, I've got my relatives right here." Jai says. I sit down on the couch, defeated.

"Are you sure, we won't see each other for a week, Jai." I say, rubbing my temples. Jai sits next to me and softly rubs my back.

"Yes, I'll be fine, I'll have Laura and Meg to take care of me." He says.

"Hey, look at me." He says softly, tilting my chin up.

"Do you want to go to Sydney?" He asks.

"Yes." I say quietly.

"Then your bloody going to Sydney!" He says, laughing.

"But It's tomorrow, Jai!" I say as Jai heads to the door.

"Then you better get packing!" He says and walks out the door.

I grab my suitcase, which is still half full from when I packed it in the apartment. I pack in some extra clothes and trinkets and I'm done. I zip up my suitcase and just sit on the floor, leaning my back on the side of the bed. I stare out the window at the still setting sun when I feel an arm around my shoulder. Jai moves and sits behind me, pulling me up so I'm leaning on his lap. He sweetly kisses the top of my head and we watch the remainder of the sun slip beneath the horizon.

•••••••••••••••

25th November

9:00 am

I wake up snuggled into Jai's side and sigh. Wiping my eyes, I look at the clock. 9:00 am. I have an hour before I have to catch my flight to Sydney. Sam comes into the room.

"We'll leave in ten, you all ready?" She asks me and I nod in response. I gently nudge Jai to wake him up and he instantly wakes, smiling before pulling me back down onto the bed under him. After making sure Sam had walked out, he kisses me and we snuggle into one another.

"You have to go soon don't you." Jai says.

"Yeah, I gotta get up right now." I say whilst untangling myself from the mess that is Jai.

I pull my suitcases behind me and head out the door to put them in the car. Jai runs past to open the door for me and then he hops in the car as well. Sam finally hops in and we drive off.

When we pull I to the airport ad finally find a parking spot, the time flies by. Jai and I try to cherish every moment and in what feels like ten minutes, my flight is called.

"Flight to Sydney at 10am is now boarding on Gate one." A woman's voice says drearily over the loudspeaker.

"Well, I guess this is it." I say to Jai with tears in my eyes.

"Please stay." Jai says.

"Uh, wasn't it you who was begging me to go yesterday?!" I joke, but Jai's face remains serious.

"So baby please, don't leave me now..." Jai starts to sing, earning a few weird looks.

"Woah! No! You are not singing!" I say, whenever he sings it's like I get hypnotised or something.

"Seriously babe, I have to go. I will see you in a week." I say finally.

"Okay." Jai gives in.

Our lips meet and result in a very passionate kiss, a goodbye kiss, a kiss that says 'I will miss you every moment you're gone'.

God, I will miss these lips.

A tear escapes my eye as I turn and begin to walk away from Jai.

I check in my luggage, navigate through duty-free, buying a giant Toblerone stick on the way- I need comfort food right now. I get directed to my gate, and board the plane. I have a window seat, which is good for the view, but I pray that I have someone good to sit next to. I big man, a really big man, starts walking down the isle and stops at the row I'm sitting in.

Great, Just great.

He squeezes through the gaps and takes a seat next to me, giving me a kinda creepy smile.

This is gonna be the best flight of my life.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N (please read)

Yay another chappie!

If you enjoyed this, please vote, share and comment!

Wowwww 7000 reads yaaaaaaay!!

I'm very sorry for another late update, but as I've said before, the hols are coming to and end. *starts crying* 😭😫

Oh, on a happier note, I did get a trailer for this story from my mate @katahlia!!! Thanks buddy :))))

Thanks you amazing Waetforders!

xxx