Chapter Five- Lights ✅

Chapter Five

3 Days Later...

Sitting down at the airport, I looked over to Jai who was on his phone.
"What are you playing?" I asked him. I could tell he was a playing a game because there were colours everywhere- Facebook or twitter wasn't that colourful.
"Candy crush." He replied tiredly.
"What's that?" I asked, confused.
Jai froze in his seat and then turned around to face me, with his mouth wide open.
"Are you kidding?" He asked, shocked.
"Uh, no." I said.

"So you do not actually know what Candy Crush Saga is?" Jai said slowly.

"Nope."

"You my friend, have not lived until you've played Candy Crush. Here, give me your phone."

I handed over my phone and saw Jai go on App Store and download Candy Crush. He handed the phone back to me and clicked on the app.

2 hours later

I sleepily looked up from my phone to see that our flight was at the top of the departure board. We could board our flight in 20 minutes! I nudged Jai to show him the board. Then I showed him my Candy Crush game- level 34. I sat there smiling like I'd just won the Olympics. Until Jai showed me his screen- level 165.
He gave me a proud smile and then got back to playing. I quietly called out to Jai's mum and told her that our flight was almost boarding, and that we should probably go to the terminal.
Everything went by in a blur after that.
Check in luggage.
Go through customs.
Shop at Duty Free.
Wait for flight.
Collect stuff I bought from Duty Free.
Board the plane.
Battle for space in the hand luggage compartments.
Get comfortable.
And finally, relax.

I frantically tapped Jai as we were taking off.
"Jai, look!"
I pointed out the window. We quickly saw a few of Sydney's lights, but then the plane turned away. I sank down in my seat.
" The lights come back, you know. Just wait until the plane's leveled out." Jai said.
I looked back out the window and saw the lights come back onto view. It was so beautiful.
Jai and I both looked out of the window in awe, watching the stars and the sea of twinkling lights that was Sydney.
Jai leant on my shoulder to watch the lights, and soon enough he fell asleep there. I leant my head on his and pulled a blanket over us. Soon we would have a new life, in Melbourne! That was the last thing I remembered before I fell asleep with Jai.