Chapter Twelve- Secrets ✅

2 Weeks later...

"Hey are you ready to go, Jai?" I asked Jai, who was lying on his bed.

He rolled over and put his pillow over his head.

"No! I don't want to go back, Sandra is so weird!"

I sighed. He was acting so childish. His appointments with psychologist Sandra weren't that bad.

"Come on Jai. If Sandra thinks your well enough, you might get to have your last session next week!" I explained.

This made him get out of bed.

"I'll meet you in the car in five." I told him.

"Yep." Said Jai.

As I walked out to the car, I thought about the past two weeks. The cutting, depression, anxiety and therapy Jai went through. Luckily, Jai has been recovering pretty quickly, and is almost back to normal. He only has one scar on his wrist from the cutting, which he says helps him 'remember the pain, and remember that happiness can overcome sadness'. Sandra the psychologist, Jai and I nicknamed her Sandy the Psycho, says that Jai is doing so well, he might be released next week.

Jai's mum and I have a whole party planned to celebrate this, but to also celebrate Jai's song being released. We will invite lots of people and were hoping it will make Jai really happy. The party is scheduled in two weeks time, so Jai's mum and I have done a bit of planning already!

I watched as Jai ran out to the car and hopped in the car. He buckled up his seatbelt and gave me a small smile. Then he grabbed my hand in his and we left. It was a short drive to Melbourne Mental Health Centre, or MMHC, and in about fifteen minutes we had arrived. I walked Jai in and Sandra was already waiting for him. She smiled sweetly at me and then put her hand on Jai's shoulder and led him into her office. I heard her beginning to speak before she closed the door. I tried to hold back a giggle. Sandra was talking to Jai like he was a four year old!

I walked out of the pristine white building and back to the car. I spied Jai's mum already looking sad. She got like this every time we went to drop Jai off. The first few times, she would break down and start sobbing, but now she just looks sad. She tells me it's because of the fame, and the pressure that's come with it. She doesn't know about the bullies. Jai didn't want to tell her, because she'd never let him go out if he did.

That leaves us here.

Jai at a mental health centre.

Jai's mum crying in the car.

And me, trying to support both people and keep their secrets from one another.

Jai's mum finally recovered from her breakdown and began driving.

As she drove, I tried to distract her from Jai. I told her stories about celebrities- she was a sucker for celebrity gossip.

I told her about recent concerts, scandals, Miley Cyrus' latest twerking incident...

And I had successfully taken her attention off Jai. She smiled at me and in that moment of her attention being on me, her attention wasn't on the road, or on the truck heading straight for us.