eight.

Dan
The cold, winter air brushes my brown curls out of my eyes. I'm walking home from school. I managed to avoid Joel by staying at the library with Pj for so long, and luckily he had already left. I sigh, my warm breath forming a cloud in the air. My hands are buried in my pockets. I shiver. It's cold, but I like it.
Winter is my favourite season. Especially the weather it is right now. The trees are all white and frozen, there's some snow on the ground, everything is slippery. I love this weather. It's beautiful, it looks unreal sometimes. I take in the beauty of nature. Things like this make me escape real life for a second.

It's beautiful, isn't it?

It is, it really is.

I don't know if it's the same where you live, but how my town looks right now is my literal aesthetic.

Same. Winter is my favourite season.

Moon, can you please explain to me what happened this morning?

I sigh.

Please. I want to help you.

Okay. Basically, I've been bullied since I started high school. Apparently I stand out, since I'm the sort of loser who actually smiles at people, which is obviously a bad thing and should be punished.
There's one guy and his friends in particular. His name is Joel. As I said earlier, he's in the lead of the football team. He's a year older than me as well. He beats me up every day. One day worse than the other. And yes, it hurts physically, but it hurts even more emotionally.
I'm an easy target. Their most used insult is that I'm gay. A faggot. A useless, nerdy, ugly faggot. I'm not gay, though, I'm bi. But they don't see that.

You know, usually I'm not the most cheesy person, and I don't want you to think I'm all cheesy and stuff. But I do want you to know, that you are valid. That asshole is definitely dealing with his own problems if he's letting out his emotions like this. Maybe you should talk to someone about it? Also, I'm bisexual as well. Just so you know, you're not alone.

Thank you, Sun. But I hate opening up to people. Since you're my soulmate and you can feel what I feel, it's a bit less hard, but I just wouldn't be able to talk to a therapist. I wouldn't feel comfortable. You help me, though, you kind of feel like a therapist to me.

You can come to me if you want. With everything, okay?

Thank you. Thank you so much.

No problem. Everything for you.

I smile, not realizing I've walked past our house, too lost in thought. Suddenly, I slip on the ice, causing me to fall on my ass.

Ow, my bum! Be careful on the ice, I can feel it too, remember?

I chuckle. I love the way Sun said 'bum' instead of ass. His voice sounds northern as well, I've never payed attention to that. I get up carefully, now realizing I walked past our house. I walk back as careful as possible, trying not to look stupid at the same time.

When I'm finally inside, I quickly run up the stairs, not bothering to take off my shoes and coat. I want to install my phone.

Once I've reached my room, I kick off my shoes and throw them to the other side of the room, my coat following. I take my phone out of my bedside drawer, take out the charger and press the on button.

Time to install my phone.