Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Eight years later

Airi collapsed onto the ground. Tattered jeans and a leather jacket is what she wore as she bled. Vampires circled her, she was their prey. Airi was now a fifteen year old, she had long raven black hair and redish brown eyes. She struggled to keep her eyes open. She laid there helpless to do anything. Is this how I'm going to die? Is my fate, to be devoured by vampires? She thought as her vision started to blur.

"Why?" Those were her last words, before her vision blurred. Someone dropped down from the top of the four storey building. His unruly brown hair covered his brown eyes from view. In long black track pants and in a grey black short sleeved shirt, he walked up to the three other vampires. The sixteen year old walked with authority in his steps.

"Your a noble class kid. Get out of here before we tear you to shreds." One of the vampires threatened.

"Who the hell do you think you are?! You should know better then to go around attacking humans, even if you are turned you should know the rules!" The kid roared.

"We warned you!" One of the vampires growled before attacking the kid. The kid smirked. The vampire was a few centimetres away from the kid. Just as he was about to tear the kids neck out, when a rock shard flew up and hit him in the neck. The vampire screeched in pain, then turned to dust as he died.

"How dare you kill our comrade! You shall pay for your crime!" The second vampire screeched.

The kid stood there calmly, as if he was just toying with them. Both vampires charged at him. Two shards of rocks flew up from the ground and hit the vampires in their necks. Airi's vision cleared and she looked up. She had lost a lot of blood. She felt weak and tired. She stood up wearily and looked the boy in the eye.

"What do you want, vampire?" Airi asked. When no response came she laughed. She stood in a protective stance, ready to knock this kid down. The boy looked her in the eye.

"It's not safe for you here. You should go home before more vampires come. The scent of your blood is everywhere." Said the boy.

"Why help me vampire?" She asked.

"No human should experience the feeling of a vampire sinking their fangs into their neck." The boy explained.

"Well, kinda too late for that. I've been hunted down my whole entire freaking life because of my blood." Airi scoffed.

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I bet that your having a hard time restraining yourself right now."

"How... Did you know?"

"It's the same for all vampires."

"Why? Never mind, just go before I lose control." Just as the boy said that his eyes started to glow red. Airi backed up against the ally wall. She was boxed in. Her loss of blood made her stumble and fall on her butt. Great, just great. The day I need it to, life doesn't throw me a bone and give me some miraculous escape. Airi thought. Airi went to stand up but instead of standing up she collapsed, unconscious. The last thing she saw before going unconscious was the boy walking up to her.

The boy walked up to the unconscious Airi and looked at her neck longingly. He sighed and picked her up. The boy carried her to an abandoned house, where they would be safe, for a while. The scent of her blood was stronger then the average human. The boy placed her on a bed and waited for her to regain consciousness. After an hour Airi started to regain consciousness.

"You're finally awake." The boy said.

"Who are you and why haven't you devoured me?" Airi asked.