Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Airi I really think this is a bad idea." Jason pleaded with Airi.

"Stop complaining before I drop before you into the ocean." Airi growled. Airi was carrying Jason while she flew to the coven.

"If you do that I'll kick your ass." Jason threatened.

"You say that like you've already done it." Airi laughed. They flew for a few days, stopping every few hours for necessities. Finally they arrived at the Arctic. Slowly they descended. Airi dropped Jason onto the hard snow then landed gently. She folded in her wings but, did not conceal them.

"Ow that hurt!" Jason accused while glaring. Airi laughed then went to help Jason up. Jason grabbed her hand pulling himself up and pulling her down.

"Like a boss!" Jason teased.

"First of all, that hurt, second of all, what the hell!?" Airi yelled at him playfully. Jason then helped her up. Both of them walked towards the coven, going off of Airi's memory.

They walked for an hour before Airi stopped abruptly and held up her hand signalling for them to stop.

"What is it?" Jason asked, whispering.

"We're being followed." Airi stated searching the trees with her eyes.

"Who by?"

"I'm good but, I'm not that good."

"So, we being followed by a mysterious person?"

"Basically."

"Well, I can't smell them."

"Watch out!" Airi yelled as she dove to the ground, pulling Jason down with her. A magic arrow shot above their heads. The arrow was infused with magic.

"What was that thing?" Jason asked.

"A magic arrow. Judging by how fast it was moving, an elven arrow." Airi answered getting up.

"Elven? Seriously? I thought they were a myth."

"And what are you to humans?"

"A beautiful creature that sparkles in the sunlight."

"Only because of that twilight series but, otherwise your a myth."

"True, but I prefer my answer."

"Self flattery."

"Best sought of flattery." Jason laughed while Airi rolled her eyes at him.

"Remember we are still being followed."

"That would imply that we're moving, which we are not so technically we're being watched."

"Are you really going to open that can of sardines right now, at this moment in time?"

"Yes."

"Your just saying that to annoy me aren't you?"

"Maybe."

"God, why can't you just give me a straight answer."

"I don't know why God can't give you a straight answer."

"Really? Really. Is that the best ya got?"

"No, just wanted to see your reaction."

"Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"I don't-"

"Don't even go there again casanova!" Airi warned pointing Death Claimer at Jason.

"Okay, okay."