Chapter 16: The Pain We Feel

I just hope it wasn't too late..

We flew in the direction of where they took my parents and the dragons.
After about 2-3 hours of flying, we finally reach the hideout where they were.
It was so foggy though; I could barely see anything.
We fly a little lower to the ground where there wasn't as much fog.
I see my parents and the dragons.
Luckily, they weren't being controlled yet.
It wasn't too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Astrid's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look at the ground. None of the dragons had slits for pupils, which was a good sign.
We slowly fly down, making sure no one saw us.
We waited until there was no one in sight before heading towards them.
Nightwing was the first to look up.
What we didn't know though, was that Valka had come along with us.
We saw her Stormcutter, Cloudjumper, flying in the sky.
Well, no one expected that.
I looked back towards (y/n) and Nightwing. They were... staring at each other; and every so often they'd make these facial expressions... I don't know why though.
I asked Hiccup why they were just staring at each other.
"You didn't know? (Y/n) and Nightwing can communicate telepathically. But only at a short distance though."
I was so surprised.
"She can? That's so cool!" I say.
"Yeah. It's something only a hybrid can do, sadly. It'd be so cool to talk to Toothless like that. Come up with plans of escape without anyone overhearing."
"Stop talking or you'll give us away!" I hear, although I realized it came from inside my head.
I jump. "(Y/n)? Did you just mentally tell me to stop talking?" I ask.
She nods. "Yes, now stop talking. We don't want to attract any unwanted attention."
I stopped talking after that. Hiccup did as well.
"Stay here." She ordered us.
We stayed put, and she walked slowly and stealthily towards them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n)'s POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk away from the group. I head towards them, being careful to not make a sound.
'Good thing I brought my sword...' I think to myself.
"Nightwing! Toothless, Mom! Are you okay?"
I ask them, praying they're okay.
"Yes, we're fine." They replied.
I sighed of relief. 'Thank god.' I think to myself. I walk over to them and luckily, I could cut through them.
'These chains aren't very strong...' i think.
I cut them loose and I told them to run to the others.
They obeyed, and suddenly, I feel hands wrap around me, and a blade against my throat.
"Nightwing!" I yell telepathically.
Nightwing hears me, turns around, and comes charging at me, his eyes slits.
He blasts at the figure holding me captive.
The figure backs up, and I turn around to see who it was.
It was Dagur.
'Of course, Dagur'. I think, mentally rolling my eyes. He comes closer, and Toothless calls Nightwing over. He reluctantly goes over to him, and he comes closer to me.
"Why did you change places with Nightwing?" I ask Toothless.
"Because she's pregnant and I didn't want to hurt the babies if she was to get into a physical fight." He replies, still growling at Dagur.
"WHAT?!" I ask, completely shocked.
He stares at me. "How did you not know?" He questions.
"I thought Nightwing was a boy!" I say, defending myself.
I got so caught up with talking to Toothless that I didn't realize that the others had been taken away.
I spin around. 'Shit. I have to find them...' I think.
By that time, Dagur had left, luckily.
I look all around with Toothless. I find them by Drago.
'Oh no.. this can't be good.' I think.
Drago sees us approaching. He tells his men to watch the others while he comes over to me.
When he comes over, I could tell he hasn't bathed in Thor knows how long.
His eyes were deathly... they actually frightened me a little.
"This is the new alpha hybrid?! HA! What shame you must feel." He says, his voice cracking, as if he had a "frog in his throat."
"Why are you forming an army? What good can come from any of this? Dragons are not to be used as weapons. They're amazing creatures who can bring people together." I say.
He chuckles. "Or tear them apart." He replies, taking off his fake arm to reveal his missing arm, bitten off by a dragon.
I flinched.
"If you want to see peace, come back to Berk. Let me show you--" I start, but he interrupts me.
"No! Let me, show you."