Chapter 35: Shadow's Mother

I was so shocked.
"That must have been hard for him." I said.
She nodded. "It was. We were thinking we could go search again when the furies grow older."
"Or, we could go now and have Fishlegs look after the furies. He seemed excited when he saw them."
"But how? Nightwing is too--"
I showed my dragon form, then turned back to a human.
"Oh, right. You're a dragon. Totally forgot about that."
I laughed.
"Alright then, let's get flying. I'm going to tell the others we're heading off. Meet me by the shore." She nods and I run off to Hiccup and Astrid and tell them we're going to find Shadow's mother.
On the way out, (s/n) told me what his mother looked like and where they used to live. I kept my eye out for them when we got there.
Chances are, they've left for good, but we continued looking. We looked until we saw dragon hunters carrying what seemed to be a black and white dark Fury.
"That's her!" She whispers to me. I nod and turn into a terrible terror, then hop onto her shoulder so they wouldn't suspect anything. But before that, we switched clothes so she'll look more like a "dragon hunter". Of course, one who doesn't hunt terrors.
We snuck past them, and I mind-talked to the dark Fury.
Are you the mother of a red and black dark Fury?
When I asked that, her head lifted up and she darted around for me. She saw me, and looked at me with hopeful eyes.
Yes! He's the only red and black dark Fury there is! Where is my baby! She said, desperate to see her only child.
He's back at our island. We'll help you escape, and then we'll take you back to him.
She looked so happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I smiled and nodded.
Okay, now to come up with a plan. I told my sister.
This will be fun.

We decided to draw the hunters away by me turning into a Changewing. I knew this wasn't Changewing island, but I could've been a stowaway for new food.
I blended in with the environment and shot my acid at the hunters, being sure to not actually hit them. I told my sister to stay hidden so she doesn't get caught. She nodded, and I saw the hunters turned to where I was. I fired another acid blast, and they dropped the fury and ran, fearing for their lives.
I turned into a terrible terror before they came back with backup.
I helped her up and saw that she was badly wounded. I turned back to my human self, and use my healing magiks. It wasn't much, since I was in my human form and not my hybrid form, but if those hunters came back, I can't let them see more pairs of wings.
I heal her the best I could, and ask if she's able to fly to Dragons Edge. She shakes her head, saying they broke her wing. I nod, and ask her if she'll let me carry her there. She nods, and I gently lift her up off of the ground in my nadder form.
As soon as Shadow came out, he saw his mother. He stared at her, then beamed. He waited until I landed her on the ground. He came bounding over, and they had their reunion. I smiled, and turned to my human form.
I knew what my next mission was. I just hoped I could have enough energy and power to do it. I decided it was going to be a solo quest. I told Hiccup I needed to look for something. I went up to my hut, where Nightwing was resting. I quietly tried to find that book I made on my magiks. I made it so incase anyone needed to know or learn how to do it while I wasn't around, they could follow the reference guide I wrote.
I turned to the reviving section. It said I can only revive one person. After that, all power in that regard is lost.
At least, for another 5 years.
I had a choice.
Revive my father,
Or Hiccup's mother.

My father was evil. He used me against my own family. My own dragon. My own boyfriend. I hated the idea of bringing him back.

Then there was Valka, Hiccup's mother. The first ever dragon rider. One who knew all, one who has seen all. She's always been there for me. She helped me when I needed her. She was almost like my female best friend. I could tell she loved Hiccup and Stoick a lot. I thought about bringing her back, and I decided to do it.
I hid the book in my secret safe and headed down to Hiccup and the others. I told them I was planning on taking a solo trip around to spot any ships either close by or somewhere far away. Hiccup suggested he come along, but I said I'll be fine. He nodded, and told me to use my dragon call for Toothless when I needed help. I told him I will, and kissed his cheek before saying goodbye.
I transformed into my night Fury form, and headed off. Nightwing wanted to come as well, incase I needed backup. I agreed, landed back on the ground and put on her automatic in my human form.
I then take off with her at my side, and tell her what I'm going to try to do.
Are you sure you'll be able to do that? It's not actually been said in books that the Queen can actually revive someone from the dead.
I nodded. I want to at least try. I know it'll make Hiccup happy, and Stoick will get to spend his life with his wife. Something he's wanted for more than 20 years.
She nods, and we get to a quiet, small island. No dragons inhabited it, it was just a small island with no mountains, caves, anything.
I focus all of my energy on Valka. It'll take a lot out of me to bring her back, so I have to do it right the first time. I didn't know what you had to recite for this to work, but I should try I guess.
"By the power of Thor, and invested in me, I proclaim the revive of Valka Haddock. May she ascend from heaven down to earth, down to her rightful place." I say, and start to see gold particles starting to form around me.
I didn't pay much attention. I had to keep focusing.
I kept reciting that same verse over and over. Pretty soon, gold is flowing all around me, zipping around and surrounding me. I closed my eyes, and yelled it as loud as I could. I felt something within me shift, and I heard something plop onto the grass in front of me. That's when everything stopped. All of the gold surrounding me, the gold magik coming from my hands.
I looked up.
"V-Valka?!" I stammered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! So I haven't done one of these Authors Notes in a while.
So comment how you want the story to go in the future! It doesn't have to be incredibly detailed, just give basic ideas and I'll fill in ideas as I write it 😊
I'm thinking on making the HTTYD realm and THIS realm -- the Earth realm -- cross over in some way. Like, (Y/n) accidentally creates a portal to this realm, goes through it, and has to find a way to get back home that isn't through Portals.

Up to you guys though!  Also; what do you want me to call you guys? Like, the Stingers, or something like that? Leave suggestions in the comments. I'll pick something later on in the story so it'll give you guys plenty of time to come up with ideas.

Anyway, watch for the next chapter of the book! It should be out within 1-2 days (maybe 3, since I have prom tomorrow) but I'll definitely try to update soon.

Happy reading!