Warp Pad

Steven waited at the warp pad. The Gems had been gone for so long. It had been almost a day now, and he was getting worried. At least they couldn't die, or he thought so.

He had rewatched crying breakfast friends. He had gone to the Big Donut. He had played with his action figures. He had made a breakfast. He had even made his bed.

After what seemed like forever, a blue light shone into his eyes, and he ran downstairs from his room.

"Steven!" Lapis Lazuli stepped out of the blue light onto the ground. She seemed frazzled, her normally blue skin a bit darker than usual. She was followed by a large woman with wild hair, and one with an immaculate appearance."How...how are you? Are you okay? I'm so sorry we were gone for so long but it was really important."

"What happened?" Steven looked up at them, hoping that maybe they would tell him this time.

"None of your biz, squirt." A large hand ruffled his hair, making it wilder, like Jasper herself. She walked over to the counter and ate whatever it was that Steven left in the fridge.

"Hmmmm." Peridot hopped off of the warp pad. "We should tell him. He could help."

"WOAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!!!! REALLLLYYYYY?!?!?!" Steven was bursting with anticipation. It was the Gems. It would be super cool.

Lapis glared at Peridot and said "Peri, you know we can't do that. Steven doesn't even have his weapon yet."

Jasper came over and hit her shoulder, earning a glare from Lapis. "Sure we can. We can help him find it." She walked back over past the warp to the door on the other side of the house. "C'mere Steven. I wanna see what you can do." As she walked up to the door, a orange gemstone glowed, unlike all of the others in the diamond shaped configuration.

A door opened with jagged hinges, and Jasper walked in, and Steven followed her.

"JASPER!!! WAIT!!!"
Shouted Lapis, frantically pulling Peridot's arm, trying to make it into the room before the door closed.

Steven's eyes, wide with excitement, took in the room around him. It was filled to the brim with exercise equipment, and made entirely out of sandstone.

"Okay. Give it a try." Jasper nudged him gently with her elbow, and looked expectantly at his Diamond shaped gem.

"Wait! Give me a moment!" Peridot started to pull out an iPad, setting it to the camera application. She grinned. "Ok. GO Steven!!"

"Alright." Steven smiled.

His trembling arms reached foreword, attempting to grab onto something, anything.

He couldn't.

Steven's shoulders slumped.

Everyone was silent.

Even Jasper.