Kindergarden

Steven kept Amethyst a secret from the Gems. Why should he tell them something exciting if they wouldn't tell him anything exciting back? Besides, she was...odd. None of the Gems he knew acted like this, and Jasper was the only one like her that eats at all.

They became instant friends. She was a really good shapeshifter, and made Steven laugh with her impressions of Jasper. Apparently Amethyst had been watching them practice for quite some time now. She showed Steven her whip, and told him all about all of the rocks names, and how she always passed time.

Amethyst was a prisoner in there. She never left. She wouldn't know how to blend in, or how to survive on an alien planet.

She was like a kid.

That was thousands of years old.

And Connie was the only other person who knew, her being the one to hide Amethyst from Jasper the first time they met. She was the one who pulled her behind a rock, possibly saving her life.

That wasn't enough.

Steven wanted Lapis to know too. He wanted help, he felt like Amethyst was locked in there, and wanted to get her out. And Lapis would help him, right?

"Hey! Lapis! I have someone you should meet." Steven stuck his head inside her room of the temple, a room with beautiful draperies dripping down the walls, the different blue fabrics making the room dance, glowing in the pale light.

"Okay." She walked out, the door melding into a raindrop shape, closing.

He warped them there.

"HEY!"

"Steven.... I'm not so sure this is suck a good.." Lapis shuddered from the dry air, letting the cool air slide over her limbs.

"YOU CAN COME OUT!"

Amethyst climbed out, and Lapis screamed. She screamed at Steven, asking him why she was here, who she was, and what she had done to him.

He tried to explain that they were friends. She wouldn't have it.

"Steven, you are the most important thing in the world to me. You are the reason I'm.. still here."

"But..."

Before he could protect her, Lapis slashed a shard of ice into Amethyst's stomach.

The poof sounded like a cacophony to Steven.

"AMETHYST!!!!" He scrambled toward her gem, trying to get it first, but Lapis grabbed her first, and bubbled her. "NO!"

Amethyst was transported back at the temple.

Wearily, Lapis trudged back to the portal, her eyes sagging. "Let's go Steven. We can sort this out at home."

"CONFERENCE. NOW!" Lapis yelled, her cry piercing the silence of the temple.

Peridot and Jasper were received with a while knuckled Lapis and an equally upset Steven.

Lapis filled them in with the happenings of the Kindergarden. Steven said that she was just a Gem too.

That she was just scared.

That she just needed a friend.

That she just needed help.

Peridot approached him. "Steven, I'll tell you what we are going to do with this gem."

Thanks for reading and remember to vote! Happy (fill-in-the-blank)day! Suggest story ideas or ships for anything because I'm thinking about a new Coffeeshop or Train AU. Let me know if you want me to do your OTP.