Trust

"Hey Steven!" Lapis lit up when she saw him there to greet her.

"Lapis." His voice was flat. "What is in the temple. I saw it. It almost killed Connie and I."

"You went into the temple." Jasper bared down on him, looming closer. Steven didn't back down. "You could have died! Why?!"

"I have the shield. My Mom's shield." He stuttered this out, his tears returning.

"Wait." Jasper grabbed Steven's shoulders. "The shield. It was... Pink Diamonds." Her disbelief was apparent. "Show us."

"Tell me what was in the temple first." He set his jaw. It was clear her wasn't going to move.

"Steven...." Lapis pleaded with her eyes.

"All right. I'm telling him. Steven, there's this thing called....fusion. It's when two gems combine to form a larger, more combat ready gem. So, because this is a combination of two or more Gems, there are more limbs or.....body parts than usual." Peridot looked at him, almost emotionlessly. He knew these were the facts. He knew that this was the truth.

"So....those things were a fusion?" Steven inquired, hoping that was the answer.

"Well..... sort of. They are a forced fusion. We're just...." She glanced at Jasper "keeping them until they fell better. Or until we can help them." She looked at Steven again, this time sheepishly.

Steven was relieved. He knew it wasn't the Gems fault.

"Ummm... Jasper?" Interjected Connie, her voice meek, but rising in confidence. "We saw a robot. It was flying after us and we went into the temple to escape it. We think it was the other Gems."

Peridot glanced at her. "Interesting. Why was it here?"

"I don't know. But, when we were fighting that... fusion... I felt helpless." Connie glared at her hands. "I want to learn how to fight."

"You've come to the right place." Jasper smiled, her eyes lighting up. "I'll teach you. And I know just the place."

New chapter coming soon! Remember to find time for yourself and you are wonderful!!! Byeee!!!