The Temple

A large mass of colored limbs crawled toward Connie and Steven. They writhed, moving slowly towards the two friends, pulling at restraints.

"Steven!!!!!!"

"Connie!!!"

"What is that thing?! Why it it here?"

"I...I don't know." Steven gazed at the creature, it's aggressive behavior turning Connie away. Steven moved foreword.

"S..Steven? What are you doing?!" Connie breathed, terrified to make a sound.

"It needs help." He knew it. Unexplainably, he felt it calling out to him. "You don't have to be scared." He said as soothingly as he could. "I can help you." He edged closer. "Just tell me what you need."

The restraints broke.

"Listen to me! You don't have to be afraid of us!!!!!" The monster crawled closer. "PLEASE!!!!" The full weight of the monster crashed down, but soon they were engulfed in a pink light. Steven looked up to see a shield with a diamond shape in the middle, with straight lines jaggedly spanning throughout the rest of the shield.

"STEVEN!" Connie's voice was livid with joy. "Is this..."

Steven smiled.

He was able to summon his weapon.

-------------------------------------------------------
The terrible creature pushed down at his shield, but it held up.

"Steven we have to get out of here!" Yelled Connie out of the fray. They were being overwhelmed, but she had to do something. She couldn't let her best friend die. She grabbed the shield and threw it against the creature, and even thought Steven protested, she threw it with all of her strength.

As he saw the creature hit with his own weapon, Steven fell out of his stupor. They pulled out of the temple, Steven confused as how they got in the first time. Only the gem whose room it was could go in, right?

"Wait. Where is the star robot?" Connie grasped Steven's arm, pulling the two together. The only indication that anything had been there was the open door that they had burst through.

They stood in the middle of his house, panting.

"Connie?" Steven looked over at her. His eyes filled with tears, "Are you okay?" His voice was almost a whisper, strained with the noises of his tears.

She nodded.

"What was that? And why were the Gems hiding it from me?" He looked down, angry tears running down his face. "Why wouldn't they tell me about something like this?" His shoulders slumped and he looked helplessly over at Connie.

"I...I'm sure they had a good reason. She couldn't stand to see him cry. "They were....probably trying to protect you. Right?"

The warp pad started to glow.

"Well." Steven's shoulders squared, and wiped his eyes."Lets ask them."

Thanks for reading, and remember that you are wonderfullll!!!!!