Cracked

"What do we do?"

Lapis sat on the couch underneath Steven's room, despondent, just holding the triangular gem in her hands.

"When is she going to come back!" Jasper slammed a meaty hand on the table. "It's been days, she should be back by now. How do we even fix her, she's cracked, and we'll never see her again."

Steven gaped at Jasper, his concern apparent because he just expected them to tell him that it would be fine, and that they knew a way to fix Peridot.

"We have to help her. Guys, we can't just leave her like this, isn't there something we can do to heal her?!"

"I know she has a gem healer, but I don't know where it is in her room. I don't even know how to work it." The Jasper that seemed so invincible now looked like a lost child. "I'm going to look for it. Come help me Steven."

They stepped into the room.

Lapis stayed behind.

Amethyst followed behind Steven, wanting to stay close to her friend.

"Peridot."

Lapis looked at the gem, her fingers running along the crack, speaking to it in cooing tones, trying to coax her out.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't protect you. I wasn't strong enough. I just wish I was cracked instead of you.

"You would know what to do."

The T.V. lit up with another signal from the Crystal Gems.

"This is Garnet, I need a specialized team. There are gems on this planet, and they are deadly. I managed to subdue a Peridot, but there are still 3 out there."

"I'm coming." A deep voice resonated through the T.V. "Meet me at the palanquin."

Lapis heard this.

Lapis acknowledged this.

And then Lapis laid down the gem, and walked to the warp pad, lighting it up.

She wanted revenge.

And she was going to get it.

The pink palaquin sat abandoned in a field of roses, itself covered in the sweet smelling flowers, the fragrant air disrupted by the tension between the two Gems who just arrived.

Lapis recognized both of them.

One was the Bismuth that cracked her.

And one was the proud woman with the spear.

Lapis his behind a bush as the warriors held council.

"One of them is a Jasper soldier, another a defective Amethyst, with a Lapis Lazuli. The Peridot was poofed, but the strangest part was that they live with a human. Although, my gem reader picked up his signal as if he was a gem, which was odd."

"We need to play this carefully. The plan I've concocted is to take out the soldiers by luring them away from home. If we can't brute force it, we'll have to be extremely strategic about this." The Pearl seemed to be in charge.

Lapis was intrigued by this Pearl's position. It seemed like the Crystal Gems didn't care about who you were supposed to be, but who you actually were was more important.

The blue gem couldn't think about that now.

She had her friend to avenge.

New chapter everyday for a week or until the story is finished!