Epilouge

Driving through the sunset to the bonfire, I remember everything that happened in the last year. The band is still together throughout this, giving me more confidence to live each day the fullest.
I smile remembering the birth of Randi and Jordan's children. I didn't even know she was pregnant until it became visible. Also, the reason I say children is because they had twins. It shocked everyone.
"Didn't think it was in there that long." Jordan muttered.
Nonetheless, he showers them and Allissa with unconditional love each day. His twins, Jeffery but we call him Tat (sorry my friend is apart of the phandom) and Stella, light up Randi's life each day. I can see it in her eyes every time she holds them.
Phil and I would innocently flirt back and forth for comfort. Eventually, it turned from friendship to relationship. I love him so much, which is why I'm going to propose to him tonight. I feel in my pocket to make sure that the engagement ring, that is identical to Kate's, is still in there.
I remember when I took Allissa and Alex to visit their mother on her birthday. It was a bittersweet experience. If she were still alive, she would've been proud of the people her children have become.
Pulling up, I notice all my friends dancing to Comin' in Hot around the ginormous fire. In high spirits, I sink into the cheerful atmosphere under the star-speckled sky.
I sneak up behind Phil as he talks with Kyle, and wrap my arms around his waist.
"Hey, Philly!" I smile.
"Hey, Kurly Fry!" He blushes, pulling me into a quick kiss.
"Good timing, Matthew." Kyle winks at me, knowing my plans to propose to my boyfriend.
"Hey, Everyone!" I shout.
In that mere second, Jordan and Randi stop making out, Johnny stops chugging beer, and Funny crushes his cigarette to the ground. In the bat of an eyelash, everyone stops what they're doing, and focuses on me.
"This here is my best friend!" I smile at Phil, his now hot pink hair brightening the sky.
"I love him so much, and there's no one I'd rather spend forever with!" I bend down on one knee, revealing the ring I bought.
Phil gasps happily, a gaping smile stretching along his face. I'm so happy that he's happy. It's warmer than cocoa to witness the sight of him smiling.
"Phillip Prinston, would you do me the honor of being my husband?" I smile, as his jaw drops below the dirt.
He stares intensely into my eyes, then at everyone else. They smile, knowing I was going to do this, anxiously awaiting Phil's response.
"YES!!!" He screams, throwing his arms around my neck.
I hug him tightly in return. "I love you so much."
He kisses my cheek "I love you, too! I can't wait to spend forever with you, Kurly Fry!"
"He said yes!" Jordan shouts happily. "Give it up for Mr. and Mr. Da Kurlzz!!!"
My friends cheer so loudly that you can hear them from space. Applause rings in my ears as Phil and I continue to cuddle each other.
I release myself from him, sliding the ring on his left ring finger.
"Now it's official." I smile.
He giggles, sounding just like Kate that day I proposed to her. This is how she would've wanted me to live, even after her death.
For the rest of the night, my friends and my new fiancé party until the sun rises.
Many of them are passed out drunk, but I stare at the pink and yellow sun rising into the sky, and focus on the gentle breeze surrounding me. The roaring bonfire from last night has faded into smoke, forever disappearing into the sky of a new day.
I wrap my arms around Phil as he breathes lightly, his head resting on my chest. I glance at Charlie Scene and Randi snuggled up next to Johnny 3 Tears and Asia. J-Dog is snoring softly next to Danny, their wives taking pictures of them and posting them on social media. They giggle happily doing so.
Funny Man is spooning Anna in his sleep. She throws her green hair onto his shoulder, looking very relaxed.
I notice a note left next to me. Curious, I pick it up and read it.
Dear Matthew,
I'm so happy for you and Phil. He's dreamed of this for so long, and thanks to you it came true. He loves you very much. I hope you two will have a wonderful marriage. Btw, I'm coming to your wedding, whether you want me there or not.
In the past year, I'm glad we've been able to become better friends. Spending time with you and my nephew was the greatest. I know Alex has a great dad, and hopefully a great uncle. Even if I'm not, I'll get better. You've been an amazing friend and brother in law.
-Kyle
PS: I went home at midnight :P
I smile thinking about Kate's brother and all the kindness he contains.
Don't worry, Kyle. You're invited to my wedding. I think to myself as the sun ascends higher into the sky, the early dawn colors fading.
I remember feeling this way the morning after the night Kate and I met. I smile to myself, remembering all the memories forged in that time span. I would've never thought things would turn out like this; however this is better than what I've expected.