seven

"Habibti, listen to me, everything will be alright inshallah. Just have faith in allah, your mother here will take care of you even if am gone wa iyya zubillah with that. I am going to be okayy"

"No baba, you have to promise me. Promise me that everything will be okay. Baba just say the word"

"Habibti i can't, I can't promise you zarah. This is allah's doing not mine. All you need to do is pray, pray to allah. That's the only solution I guess."

"No baba, stop saying that. Everything will be alright, the doctors said it. "

"Doctors only care but allah heals "

"Come here Habibti, let your father have some rest, we should go home."

"No Mama i will not leave him in fact I can't, I cannot leave baba in this situation, can't you see he's dying Mama. Hes going to die"

"Mama please don't take me away from father....baba tell mama to keep me down, i want to stay with you. I cannot leave without you, I LOVE YOU BABA.........

"Zarah, ZARAHHHH!!??!" I opened my eyes to see it was just a dream. But a dream that happened before." Zarah what's wrong, you were screaming"

"Was I? "

"Of course, enough to wake the dead in fact". Zarah looked at her mother, her father and her sister.

"It was just a nightmare " Zarah said not really knowing if she could tell her mother with them here.

Zarah went into the bathroom to take her bath, before going downstairs. Zarah still was scared and sad that once again she kept dreaming of her father. Then she had her mother or her best friend to cheer her up. But now that her mother is quit busy and Marwa....well marwa is not here. She wonderss....

Her fathers words kept ringing in her mind continuously. Sooner than later tears made her eyes blurry, tears began to flow from her eyes unconditionally. After some minutes of crying she went to the bathroom to wipe her tears.

****

"So are you ready to tell me what you saw in the dream of yours" Aliya asked patiently wanting to know the condition her daughter is. Zarah said nothing making her mother more scared. "Zarah it's okayy, tell me am here for you" still. "Is it about your father again"

That sent shivers down to her stomach. Zarah felt tears gather in her eyes but she fought them back. Zarah didn't want to talk for she knows she will break down so she nodded slowly.

Aliya stared at her daughter's eyes, millions of emotions swimming in her eyes, fear and agony on her face. Aliya broke the awkward silence between them. "What did you see? What did he say"

"Mama, h..he said the same thing h..he said, the day you took me....." She paused as she hiccuped. "You took me away from him. H..he kept saying that I should have faith in allah." Zarah broke into tears in her mother's arm, Aliya fought back her tears, for right now she has to cheer her on daughter.

"Hey binti, your father died when you were sixteen, for a year you had been dreaming about him but nothing like this came up but Alhamdulillah after some months everything stopped." Aliya stopped to take a breathe as she continued. " So that means you had faith in allah back then but now that you lost it, it means he is reminding you Habibti to be strong and have faith in allah. Please Habibti stop crying if your father  was here he wouldn't want to see you cry, would he?" Aliya quietly robbed her daughter's hair.
Zarah slowly nodded "Mama, I know but...i miss him so much"

"I know honey, believe me I do. But it's going to be alright inshallah."

Aliya knows her daughter very much but her father knew her more. Zarah loved her father like crazy, he's death made her go crazy. She spent more than weeks hidden in her room letting no one in but of course for her lovely and caring people she has... had cheered her up, but she knew deep down it was all out of sympathy. Zarah later became the innocent, kind, beautiful and lovely zarah she was. But today Aliya is scared her daughter will go back time.

After the long lecture Aliya had for her daughter, she finally slept.

Zarah woke up for Asur prayer. She went downstairs to take her lunch for her stomach is crying. Zarah remembered everything that happened earlier today. Seconds like minutes, minutes like hours, hours like days, days like months and months like years. But something made her smile yesterday.

Yesterday.....

Zarah had never been happy except for recently. Zarah new then and then between the darkness the must be light.

Muna was very happy for her father, he never looked happier when her mother died until recently

Ali was very happy of his family. He never felt so happy until recently

Aliya was very happy for her daughter was very happy, she had never seen her laugh, smile and happy until recently

Yesterday made everyone happy . Yesterday might lighten her mood zarah

##########