Thirteen

ZAYED'S P.O.V.

I stared at Ahmad, roaming round the room for like tenth time. He's face looked irritated and his jaws tightened.

I wonder what's he's looking for.

"Ahmad what is it you are looking for" I asked loudly making  him flinch. He didn't answer.

"Ahmad" I asked no answer.

"Answer me " i said using a serious tone. He looked at me as if I am some kind of trash.

"I am looking for a damn thing which is out of your damn concern" he snapped a bit louder yet annoyed.

"If you would damn stop that damn thing and tell me what the damn  are you looking for" I asked mockingly.

He opened his mouth to talk but he closed it, it's like something caught his attention. I traced him to see a lady dressed decently with a basket of god knows what's inside.

She finally managed to wear a smile. Her smile so real and pure. Later did I realised it was that same girl I bumped up a few days back .

"Please have a seat" I gestured, she did as I said still wearing that smile of hers. I turned to look at Ahmad but to my disappointment he's nowhere to be found .

The room was silent until the nanny came in with a tray of coffee.

"Coffee, zahra right " I asked breaking the awkward silence in the room. She slowly nodded and I poured the coffee and gave her.

She smiled " zarah"

I watched her as she took a sip. She looked at me and smiled, "i just wanted to bring this" she pointed at the basked " as my gratitude ".

I tried to smile at her but a thought crossed my mind and I didn't. I nodded instead. "Thank you " I whispered softly. "So what's in the basket?" I asked

"See it for yourself" she said handing the basket over. I collected and hesitantly opened the bandana, eight cup cakes of different flavours were arranged orderly.

"I hope they taste as they look" I said teasingly making her smile grow wider.

"I wish" she stood up, and I walked her out of the house. I shut the door in a very loud sound that made the nanny release  the tray on her hand. As it reached the floor, everything shattered into pieces.

" I am so sorry sir, I was just flinched by the door, i am sorry I will clean the mess up. Please don't fire me " i looked at the lady on her knees crying.

"You are fired"  without looking back at her I went upstairs to my room. I dialled my secretary number.

"Hello sir, I have been trying to reach you all day. Everyone is waiting for you"

"Cancel all the meetings" I said in my dangerous tone.

"S..sir what"

"DO I NEED TO REPEAT MYSELF, I SAID CANCEL ALL THE MEETINGS " with that I hung up the phone.

*****

"Where were you" Jafar asked Zarah as she locked the door behind her. Zarah looked around to find the house empty, no noise it's like no one is there. She then looked back at jafar who waited for an answer.

"From somewhere" Zarah asked still wondering why he had asked her, as she saw him furrow his face. Zarah wondered why he asked

"Why asking " she finally spoke. Jafar looked at her then back to the floor. He opened his mouth to talk but something made him closed it.