Eighteen

For three days Muna hasn't talk to any of her family, not her father, her step mother nor her stepsister. None of them tried apologising to each other. Their home now is getting boring for both zarah and Muna, but of course for their pride and ego none of them is apologising.

Ali and Aliya on the other hand have gone to a business trip in california which made zarah and Muna alone in the house playing silent treatment.

Muna goes out with hanaan every afternoon till midnight where as zarahs always in her room either chatting, reading novels or sleeping.

Zarah gets easily bored, she keeps calling marwa every night as they had planned for zarah to go there for a week. Zarah waited patiently for the arrival of her parents to inform them about her plan.

"Zarah your parents called, they informed me to tell you that they are on their way home" the nanny spoke as zarah nodded in response.

........

Zayed hung off his phone as he turned to talk to Ahmad who is sitting comfortable on the sofa with his legs placed on the table.

"Take this your wood off my table" zayed used the papers on his hand to slap Ahmad's leg.

"Common zayed" Ahmad spoke as he stood up. He reached the curtain and pressed it open, hue of twilight was minimising, now darker shade of grey was overlapping the vermilion shade of the horizon.

"So are you going or not "

"Zayed I can't, I have things to take care of here ,besides, I don't like to go to Sharjah, i hate to meet someone, under every possible circumstances " ahmad said never leaving he's spot, subsequently looking at the lights shining out of the poles on the highway.

Zayed stayed silent thinking of how to make Ahmad go to Sharjah. Zayed knows how the meeting is important to him, he really wanted to go but because of a genuine reason, he has to stay.

Minutes passed no one saying nothing, they are both on their positions without moving an inch.

"Ahmad I really need this, it will help my company. I cannot miss this meeting ahmad". Zayed implored as he moved near ahmad.

Ahmad let out an exaggerated sigh, he knows how difficult it is to say No to his brother and he does know how important the meeting is to him. But the problem is he doesn't want to meet someone. Thinking of the someone again made Ahmad not want to go again.

"I will think about it " Ahmad knows his answer is a no, but he just couldn't say it like that. He has to find a good excuse.

Hearing that made zayed smile. Zayed thought at least Ahmad would have a second thought on what he's saying

"As you wish brother, so now if you may leave my office " zayed said as he sat on his seat

Ahmad instantly looked at his brother and just smiled. He shook his head as he knows zayed, zayed is always rude and arrogant even if it is he whom wants something, just like now.

"Very polite brother, very and the last time I checked it is you who need me, but I will gladly leave " Ahmad chortled at his brother which he hissed in return.

........

Family sitting at the dinner table eating dinner. Silence engulfed the room, not just silence but awkward silence.

"Ma, baba, i have something to ask for. I need permission. " Zarah spoke, as everyone turned to look at her except for Muna who hasn't talk nor look at any of them but silently eating her food with with her phone on her palm using it.