fifteen

Zayed stared on the floor in his office thinking of what to do. People think life is easy as long as you are rich, but zayed thinks alternatively . His life is doomed and shattered , family issues especially his mother . Fate has shown him it's negative sides, it's like zayed doesn't deserve to live. He can't fall in love, how could he when he has no heart, he is too scared to like someone, he is too scared that whatever has happened to his father may happen to him as well. His mother who was so cruel left them behind, she destroyed their family, his life she destroyed it all. How could he think of forgiving her of all what she has done , he was once told that a mother can not be compared to any living being on the earth but to zayed it's vice versa.

As this thoughts keeps splashing, Zayed took the letter on his table and read it again.

Assalam alaikum,
Waladi I am back don't be too excited I just came for a visit. How about a dinner at 8, everyone is coming including your father.
your loving mother

The thought of his mother made zayed shiver, fright and terror sang in his ears in weakness. Zayed scared and hated his mother, all he does is shakes his head. His mother is a devil.

He quickly got up, walked passed the people standing to greet him to his car. He collected the key from the driver for he wanted to drive himself. As he reached his home, he got out of the car and stormed inside the house without any hesitations , he yelled Ahmad's name on top of his voice as Ahmad came out quickly thinking something might go wrong.

"Brother you are shouting enough to wake the dead" Ahmad said teasingly but as he sees how serious zayed's face looked, he changed to his normal self.

"Now Ahmad, if you will like to explain how and when and how and when on earth did mother came and knew we were here, living in this house" zayed said a bit irritated yet annoyed.

"Qasamtu billah brother I do not know, but I have received the letter and father called too."

"Of course he did. What did he say "

"He just asked me to come, whatever it is we shall talk there" Ahmad stared at his brother who looked pissed, Ahmad pitied his brother for he knows everything is not going as it is, the presence of their mother will only cause them problems.

"I am not going " zayed finally spoke.

"Look zayed, everything will be alright I understand "

"You don't understand a damn thing Ahmad, nothing. You will never understand how it feels. Never" now zayed's voice is a bit raised as his jaws tends to clinch.

Ahmad moved forward and hugged his brother, they stayed there for some minutes until they broke off. "Now zayed I know you, and I know you are brave. So now show me what you got"

Zayed laughed at his brother as he got upstairs to change his clothes to prepare for the dinner. He prayed, got dressed and moved downstairs waiting for Ahmad to come.

------

Zayed took a deep breathe before he twisted the knob of the door. He slowly pushed it revealing the clear view of the house. Ahmad from behind squeezed zayed's shoulder in assurance as he entered the house living zayed by the door. Zayed hesitantly finally entered the house, he slowly walked to the dinning area as he saw everyone seated without saying a word. Everyone turned to look at zayed smile plastering on their lips.

Zayed hesitantly took his seat opposite his father, who had fixed his eyes on his son, his mother who is at his right too was looking at him and so also he's brother Ahmad.

Uncomfortable and awkward silence engulfed the room. " family reunion, i guess" Ahmad finally managed to say something.

"Of course son" zayed's father islam al-fayeed said. Zayed on the other side was quiet, clenching and unclenching his jaw tightly, his eyes fixed on his mother who happens to be staring at him as well.