seventeen

Zayed sat on the chair playing with his fork in the dining area. He ignored all the teases and jokes his grandmother says to him, his mother at the side shooting him some looks which he understood what she meant but chose to ignore her. He stared at door wishing to see his father coming in but no sign of him so he played along with the people before him

"So zayed do you have any girl in mind. I can't wait to see my daughter" zayed's grandmother spoke which made zayed chuckle.

*flashback*

"You see this would be my future wife, am I right mother "

"No zayed, your future girl would be an angel, she would be very beautiful very kind and she would have a very long black hair just like your mamas "

"Hah you are right Ummi, she would be as beautiful as you are, with your chocolate hazel eyes and dad's pert nose"

*end of flashback *

"Ah, so that means you have. So tell us who is the precious lucky girl " there came aunt jodha.

"I can't tell you who she is but may however tell you who she will be." zayed smiled at his mother as she continues. " she will be like an angel, very beautiful and kind. She would have a very long black hair just like mother's, a chocolate eyes also like mother's and a pert nose like father" he said pointing at the ceiling. " but she's yet to come, not coming and never will come" he said as smirk at his mother.

"What are you saying my son" zayed's grandma spoke.

"You may consider asking her that" he said as he pointed at his mother. With that he left his mother speechless.

........

Muna and Zarah sat in the car as the driver drove them to jafars house .

"Ahlain Ahlain ya banaat" Ammar spoke as he opened the door. They moved to the living room meeting ramlah and Jafar.

"Hey jafar" Muna said as she sat beside ramlah, he raised his  right hand in response as he continued typing something on his ipad.

As the seats has been occupied with stuffs there's no other choice for zarah but to seat near jafar. She slowly moved to him and sat.

"Hey " he spoke.

"Hello" she replied. He smiled at her as he dropped his ipad.

"Now let's continue with our 70 question game".

"70 Wow its 50 " Zarah said smiling at him. "So where did we stop" she asked a little bit nervous.

"My earliest memory I guess"

"Yeah that's right, so. Next question"

"Did you enjoy school" Zarah asked

"How wouldn't I, for fifteen good years this little Brian of mine has been working in stupid calculations " he said sarcastically.

"Where did you get your abilities and skills "

"What rubbish is this" Zarah laughed at him loudly.

"Now I do have a question zarah "

"If I am to become a hero what do you think my name would be" Zarah stared at him quizzically.

"Spiderman, the flash, superman, batman, Walter,  who??"

"Your man" zarahs face flushed red like a new tomato which made jafar smirked deviously

"What are you guys talking about I've there " came ramlah voice asking.

"That's none of your.."

"20 questions game" Zarah interrupted jafar, he raised his eyebrow in question while she shrugged sheepishly.

" I see" came ammar's voice with a smirk plastered on his lip.

"No ammar" jafar said in between his teeth.

"I said nothing, remember ,nothing " Ammar raised his hands in surrender they both chuckled as they knew what their mind was thinking of

...........

Munas family are seated in living room watching a movie.

"Zarah" Muna spoke but zarah didn't answer her she's busy playing a game on her phone.

"Zarah" She repeated. Zarah silent as though no one was talking to her. Muna got provoked and snatched the phone out of zarah's hand

"What's your problem" Zarah snapped at muna.

"I have been calling your name for the twentieth time for now" Muna exaggerated.

"I was playing color switch for goodness sake, i have being plotting and targeting to pass this level for almost a week or so. I almost passed that level but you screwed that, thank you for that "Zarah said a little pissed off.

"I don't care what you were doing or how many days you have been wanting to pass the level, I want you to listen to me when I want to talk to you. So now that I have got your attention you listen to me " Muna said in demand.

"Wow, are you commanding me in my own home".Yeah zarah said that, but what? it's her home also after all.

Muna on the other hand was flabbergasted and speechless at the same time. She was lost of words, she stayed frozen thinking for suitable words.

"Ya Allah" Is all that she could finally utter. " Zarah i don't want to get in any row tonight. All I want is some peace with you, now I know this is your house but do know, I may not have the right on you but I have every authority on you little stepsister "

"Your words sounds otherwise, you are calling me your stepsister now." Zarah said

"Yeah, you are always a step sister to me but you chose that . If you were my sister, you will do everything I hereby asked you to do for she knows am her pretty big  sister But you here know am just a step sister for you never gave me some respect. " Muna snapped a bit raising her voice which made Aliya and Ali from the other side turn.

"What's going on here" Claire Ali said worriedly. They all kept quiet staring at him.

"I asked a question" he added.

"She's being disrespectful  " Muna finally spoke hoping her father would understand .

"She snatched my phone, what was I suppose to do or is it say" Zarah said.

"Yeah if you had answered me I wouldn't have....."

"Enough! Enough! everyone here " Ali instructed. "What's this some sort of rubbish you are saying Muna, what disrespect are you talking about. Zarah is a pure girl "

Muna's eyes started to blur, for the first time in forever her father has complained her for something she did. "What are you talking about father " Ali didn't reply her but stared at her as everyone did.

"For the first time " she said in between tears." for the first time father. Is she more important to you than i am, are you siding with someone who's not your blood. I have witnessed so much changes in you father since the day you married this woman. How I wished my mother Is here " Muna said as tears roll down her cheeks.

"You think you are the only one suffering. I lost my own father too"

"Father, fathers are not even comparef to mothers if I may say, I-l completely lost myself when I lost my mother " Muna said in a matter of fact.

"Enough I have heard enough, zarah muna get back to your room." Aliya spoke.

"You" Muna pointed at the three people standing with her" Are in no principle to give me order right now " she said in her last tears as she left to her room.

Munas father followed Muna to the room where as Aliya went to her room and Zarah went to her room too.

,

"Baby am sorry." Ali knocked at the door for the fifth time but no response. He finally gave up as he left for his room.

Muna on the other hand dunk in her bed with her mother's picture held tightly on her chest. She dozed off.

..........