As Long As It Takes

Different tries, but all of it was worth it.

Scarlett and Chris have been best friends since they met on the set of The Perfect Score. Scarlett was 18, merely an adult and Chris was 21. Ever since their introduction, fate had it all planned out for them. Neither knew that they'd be destined to be in each other's life, for as long as it takes.

Scarlett's 32 now, living in New York with her toddler daughter, Rose. She'd just experienced yet another one of her shaky divorces and nothing could possibly get as worse. Free and happy, Scarlett continues to live her life as an actress, while being a part-time mom.

Chris, on the other hand, as dated a handful of girls over the course of his lifetime. I wouldn't say each and everyone one of them was a fail, but rather they were good for the long-run. Still, he couldn't find the right person for himself, even if he kept trying. His girlfriends made him happy, but not happy enough for him to realize, he'd want to spend the rest of his life with them.

Fate's desire was working their ways, Chris and Scarlett were too blind to see.

January 2018

Most of the cast were prepared and hyped for the final days of filming of Infinity War. It was sad to say goodbye to such a great movie franchise, that all of them wished they could do this all over again.

"6 years ago, we made Marvel history, and now we're saying goodbye to all of that.." Robert Downey Jr. commented while taking a long sip of his venti-sized decaf. He and his original Avengers cast mates have huddled around in a pint-sized trailer. It was winter, so it kept them all nice and warm.

"Oh my friend, let's not think of it that way," Chris H said in his best Thor impersonation. "We can always have gatherings every once and a while,"

"It feels so quick, you know?" Jeremy Renner spoke up this time. "It feels weird for six entire years to pass this quickly. Times have changed."

Oh have times really changed

"There's always one thing we'll always have," Mark Ruffalo had this warm, gentle smile across his face.

Everyone turned to look at him.

"Friendship."

And I could say there were a few emotional tears and hugging involved.

After filming the biggest scene of all there was, the cast had a break. This was the part where they fought Thanos like really fought Thanos.

Scarlett was by the food area, while Chris E and Chris Pratt were talking about things in one specific corner of the table.

She was just minding her own business, grabbing some Hors D'oeuvres from small dishes, all aligned up together in a straight line when Chris E came sneaking up from behind her, scaring the bullcrap outta her.

"Watch your language!" He joked.

Scarlett gave him the eye, which terrified him. But of course, they were only kidding.

"Hey, um, are you free, whenever?" He asks with hands in pockets.

Scarlett lifted an eyebrow.

"We're filming, we're both never free," She says.

"Well, yeah, I mean, after?" He tilts his head while doing the puppy-dog eyes.

"Sure, but I have a three-year-old toddler as a responsibility." Scarlett reminds him.

Chris scratches his head. Rats, he thinks.

"Well, um, leave it to me to find someone who can take care of Rose. Just make sure your free after the shooting's done, deal?" Chris says, walking away from Scarlett this time.

"Yes, will do," Scarlett gives Chris a wink before walking off.

He took her to a restaurant. But not those, "which order would you want," or "I'll have the fanciest blah, blah," type restaurant. It was casual, it was cool, it was like they were hanging out as friends, like per usual.

After dinner, Chris and Scarlett found themselves walking through the streets, leading up to the beach.

The moonlight streamed from above and glistening through the dark sky. It looked so magical, you could feel the bliss.

The two stopped just before they could touch the sand of the beach. The soft, caressing sand.

The moment was so special, neither didn't want to do anything to ruin the moment.

In the end, they ended up in small talk, just like the first time they met. Scarlett's head rested up on Chris' shoulder, they were looking at the stars above, aligning every one they see.

Scarlett held up her thumb, in line with moon. Chris smiled at her and it just felt like a dream.

The moment felt like it was lasting for an eternity, none of them wanted it to end.

They continued to cuddle and it was like a romantic movie scene, coming to it's happy, sentimental ending.

Chris turned to Scarlett.

"I'll wait for you, for as long as it takes."

--

a/n: So, I haven't updated this one shot story in agesss (5 months, I'm sorry) and you must've all thought I ditched you! I did, kind of but, it was because I was already planning many other stories I can post on Wattpad. I was watching a Disney show, (well binge watching) and one of my favourite couples on that show had exchanged the same words and I felt that it would be a great ending to a book that I started for a year and never imagined to grow :') This is great big humungous thank you for all your constant votes, comments and reads in general! I started this filled with little hopes and honestly I am so super thankful. This one-shot book was the most incredible writing journey's I have experienced and I can't wait for more to come. I love you all from the bottom of my heart and I am so filled with gratitude. I love you, I love you. Ree XO