A Little Like Fate [2] 🌧

Prompt: Mitch's terrible-horrible-no good-very bad day. (Scotty's point of view!)

Setting: AU Same Personality

Words: 1935
•••••

Scott threw himself down on the couch.

"Scott!"

Scott sighed. "Yes?"

"Drive to the shop for me and get my purse, will you? I forgot it there and it's pouring. I'm going to work tomorrow."

Scott hated the thought of getting up, but loved the thought of driving through the rain.

"Fine, but you owe me." He hollered back, and grabbed his jacket and phone, hurling himself off of the couch and out the door again.

He turned the key in the ignition and turned on the radio. "Castle On The Hill" blasted through his speakers, and a smile crept on his face.

Today has been a good day, and he was elated. Sales had been through the roof at the bakery, his friend Lindsay just got her first promotion, and he'd found a new appreciation for good music- he's been discovering a lot lately.

Scott pulled in to the parking lot and turned of the car, grabbing his umbrella and climbed out of the car, rushing to open the umbrella. He walked along the sidewalk to the shop and was retrieving the keys from his pocket when he saw something- no, someone- lying on the ground a few stores down. Scott walked hastily, then ran down to the storefront.

He sighed when he saw it was a boy his age.

"Hello?" Scott kneeled next to the boy.

"Are you alright?" He raised his voice in concern. Scott checked the boy's pulse. Alive and breathing, but seemingly unconscious.

Scott debated what to do. This boy was obviously in need of help. Maybe not medical, but who takes a power nap on a sidewalk while it's raining?

Not that it matters, but the boy was also strikingly beautiful.

Not that it matters.

Scott sprinted to the shop and grabbed his sister's purse from the office, quickly making his way back to the boy. He looped his arms underneath the boys knees and wrapped one around his back.

"This is so irresponsible. Maybe even illegal." Scott thought as he carried the boy to his car. The rain had lightened up, thankfully, and he was able to unlock the doors and lay the boy in the passengers seat. He didn't drive off, of course that'd be kidnapping, just gave him a bit of shelter and seat warmers until he fully recovered. The boys clothes were soaking his chair. He didn't mind.

He passed the time by calling his sister for advice, who wasn't much help seeing as she told him to pull a 'sleeping beauty' and kiss him. He was in the middle of his third YouTube tutorial on how to diy a waterproof bag when the boy began to fidget beside him. His eyes shot open, and he seemed to have a mini seizure of panic.

"Where am I?"  He looked out the car window, froze, and turned to Scott.

"Who are you?"

"Scott Hoying. Nice to meet you. Do you, um, remember what happened?"

"I'm Mitch. Grassi. And, I remember have a shitty day..." Mitch trailed off, but looking at Scott, the day seemed a little less shitty.

"Oh, um, sorry about that. Is that why you passed out on the sidewalk?"

Mitch's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I don't- oh! Oh, that. Um, yeah. The storm took a toll on me." Mitch's face turned a light red.