Chapter 39: The Labryinth Part 2

Mabel's POV

"What do we do Tom?" Star panicked as we stood in front of a dilemma.

A giant boulder was on its way to crush us to death, and our only escape is impossible to reach due to the enormous gap in between us and it.

"I don't know Star, why do I have to come up with all the ideas?" Tom snapped.

"Are you being serious right now?" Star lashed out, "We're about to die, and you're arguing with me!"

"I didn't start this fight, you're the one who wanted to hold onto the past all day," Tom replied matter of factly.

"You say that like what you did wasn't literally a few hours ago," Star scoffed.

"Umm hello?" Pacifica butted in, "I don't know about you guys, but I kind of don't want to die, so can you guys settle your issues later and find us away out of here,"

Tom dropped Pacifica on the ground (which didn't exactly excite Pacifica), "Okay, Star can't we just use your dimensional sisscors?" He asked.

"They broke when we got here," Star said.

"Pacifica!" I cried out.

Pacifica was standing right in the middle of the gap, as if she was floating in the air.

"Guys, it's like, an invisible bridge," Pacifica yelled.

"Come on," Star began to run across to following Pacifica.

Tom followed too. I then felt a strange fear and panic. What if it falls? What if I fall? What if I die and never see Dipper again?

"Mabel, hurry up," Tom said

"Uh," I cautiously took a step forward, fear overcoming my body making me fee paralyzed , "I-"

Tom grabbed me and picked me up and ran across the invisible bridge along with Pacifica and Star.

The large boulder rolled up to the edge before disintegrating into dust. We skirt to a stop when we reached the other end.

We all took a moment to collect ourselves.

"Um," Star said, "You can put her down now,"

Tom placed me down. I couldn't move. I get frozen in shock. Not only did Tom just save my life, despite harming me not more then a few hours ago, but I almost died. I've had many closed to death situations, but this was different.

"Now what?" Pacifica whined.

"I don't know," Tom replied, "None of this makes sense, clearly Bill doesn't want us dead, because if he did he wouldn't have made it possible for us to survive that,"

"So he clearly wants to see us," Star replied.

"And this is all some sick game of his," Tom finished.

My heart beat faster and it got hard to breathe, I began to feel dizzy. I sat down on the ground.

"You're one to judge," Star sneered.

"I'm not anywhere close to the evilness of Bill," Tom said defensively.

"Um guys," Pacifica said while glancing at me.