Chapter 6:

Chapter 6:

     Eddie walked up to the window, in his class, and watched as an ambulance pulled into the parking lot. Someone was hurt... Eddie thought of Aleks. He had been acting oddly this morning. He didnt want to sit back down. He waited... He saw paramedics rush into the school, supplies in hand.

     Eddie became very worried. Something was majorly wrong. He could feel it in his stomach. Eddie ran out of his class, and went around the corner, to see people, clustered near some lockers. He pushed through, and there lay, unconscious Aleks, on the floor. A girl was trying to keep him breathing, but he did not seem to be responsive.

     Eddie ran up to Aleks, pushing the girl aside. He pulled Aleks into his lap, and he didnt care if anyone thought it was weird. People tried to pull Eddie away, but he held tightly to his unconscious friend, until paramedics arrived.

"Hey, son... You need to let go of him." A paramedic said, touching his arm.

"I cant- I cant lose him..."

"If you dont let us treat him, he will die..." The paramedic persuaded. Slowly Eddie let go.

     After Aleks had been rushed out, police began questioning people. Eventually, a cop found Eddie, who was still crying. He sat down next to Eddie. He did not respond.

"Did you know Aleks well?" He asked.

"Y-yes." He stuttered.

"You look like you were close with him... We dont know how, but he had broken his rib, and it had peirced his lung... Do you have any idea as to how that happened?"

"Oh my god..." He let out a small whimper.

"He is going to be okay."

"Aleks..."

"Hey, kid. Do you want to help your friend out?" The officer pressed him.

"Yeah... He means the world to me."

"Then you need to tell me what you know about Aleks. He didnt tell most people much. Maybe you can help him."

"Aleks... His father." Eddie sighed.

"What about his father?" The officer began writing things down in a little note book.

"His father abused him physically. Had abused him since he was 10, after his mom died."

"I see..."

"Today when we were taking a test, he had to get up to sharpen his pencil... On the way back, he fell on the floor... He said he tripped..." Eddie was crying again.

"Hey... Aleks will be fine. I promise."

"oh my god, Aleks..." Eddie couldnt stop crying. He let his tears fall freely.

     The cop thanked him for his help, and walked away. Eddie was so worried about Aleks. He needed to see him as soon as possible.

     Eddie didnt really pay attention for the rest of the day. He only thought about Aleks. No one really expected him to pay attention today though. He just got through the day.

     After school, Eddie hopped into his truck, and drove straight to the hospital. A nurse led him to the room where Aleks was. He was hooked up to so many tubes, and machines. He wasnt even breathing on his own.

     Eddie sat in a chair, right next to his bed, and held his hand. He just wanted to tell Aleks everything, right then and there. Eventually, he fell asleep, resting his head on his arms, right next to Aleks on the bed...

~~☆★☆★☆~~

     Aleks father took a sip from his beer bottle, and shoved a chip into his mouth. He was not in the mood to deal with anyone today. He just wanted to watch TV, and not think about anything.

     Aleks had pisses him off this morning. He wanted to have breakfast, but Aleks wasnt up yet. Then images of his late wife came to mind, which made him even Angrier. She was dead, and it was all Aleks fault. He had beat him this morning, because he deserved it.

     He heard a knock on his door. He stood angrilly, and stomped over to the front door. Who could it be? He never had visitors. He threw the door open.

"What?" He said.

"David Merchant?" A cop asked.

"Yeah. What is going on?"

"David Merchant, you are under arrest for first degree assault on a minor." The cop quickly turned him around, and handcuffed him.

"What's going on? I never hit no minor!"

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you..." The cop escorted him to the car, reading his rights off.

     David knew Aleks tattled on him. He was so furious with his son. How dare he, have his own father arrest him! Sure, he cuffed him every once in a while, but He deserved it!

~Hey guys! Thank you so much, for reading! I have worked hard on this chapter, and I appreciate all the people reading! Sorry its a bit short... Dont forget to vote, and comment!

~Clarity