Chapter 5

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5
"ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴛ"

Jimin knocked on the door two times. "Come in," a muffled voice sounded from the other side of the thick wooden door a mere second later. The man slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open without a second thought. 

"I thought you were studying, get your ass back in the library," was the first thing Hoseok heard come out of the mouth of his new roommate. The man on the bed looked at the door as soon as he caught sight of the mop of silver hair on Jimin's head in his peripheral vision.

"I just thought I'd be nice to your roommate. You should be the one making sure he's not lost, not me," Jimin said with fake anger lacing his voice.

Yoongi sat up on his bed, swinging his legs over the edge. He raked his eyes over the new guy in front of him. Hoseok suddenly felt really self-conscious under his gaze, almost as if he was being judged but he could do nothing about the outcome but clasp his hands together in nervousness. That and gaze right back of course.

Yoongi had black hair and dark brown eyes. He was short and slender. He wore a sweater, holding a pattern of brown, black, yellow and red raindrops, and a white shirt. He looked comfortable even though it was formal attire, at least Hoseok would label it as such. Even though his collar bones peeked from under his shirt and the sweater hung loosely off his frame it fit him perfectly. He was clearly used to wearing it, meanwhile Hoseok would only look awkward wearing those same tailored black trousers. His skin was pale, looking even whiter in comparison to his dark eyes. 

The gaze from them was cold, almost hostile. Hoseok could tell the elder did not like his presence there whatsoever. He couldn't tell whether he was disappointed or just generally annoyed. The young sorcerer shrugged it off as something he shouldn't worry about. After all, they were new roommates. That and Hoseok could see there was something else hidden in his gaze. He could tell, even if he wasn't quite certain yet what it was.

"Well, I'm your new roommate, Jung Hoseok," Hoseok introduced himself, walking forward and holding out his hand for Yoongi to shake. His fingers were cold and his grip was hesitant.

"Min Yoongi," he simply stated. "Make yourself at home, I guess."

Yoongi laid back on the bed, tucking one arm under his head as a pillow. His gaze was once again focused on the book that was floating in the air right above his face, not sparing Hoseok a second glance. He moved his fingers and flipped the page over.

Yoongi for sure held a cold demeanour, but he meant well. Hoseok could see through that, much to Jimin's relief. Yoongi might be the top student of the school but he wasn't above average when it came to being social and making friends. If anything he was below average in that regard. Luckily Hoseok was the complete opposite. They would fit well together.

"Stop daydreaming and get your arse back in the library, and don't say you're almost done because I know you still need to translate six more chapters of Merlin's memoirs," Yoongi scolded at Jimin without taking his eyes off the book.

"Stop reading my mind!" Jimin said before walking towards the door. "and it was nice to meet you Hoseok." 

With those words, he closed the door behind him. A smirk crept on Yoongi's face. Smiling suited him a lot better than his general bored attire. It was a shame it disappeared so quickly.

Hoseok walked towards his bed. There was a nightstand next to it made of the same wood as the bedframe. The duvet was a beige colour as was the pillow. There wasn't much else in the room except for a small desk with a shelf above it. A pile of books laid on top with a few envelops, most likely the house rules and his schedule as headmistress Jisso had told. In front of the desk was a chair with a jacket draped over it, most likely Yoongi's. On the other side of the room, there was a wardrobe, again made of the same wood. It had black knobs and some curls cut out in the wood.