Chapter 50

He could feel his heartbeat throb through his body. Even though he had been hiding for hours now the nerves were still evident. He would hide behind corners as soon as anyone turned to him. It was nerve-wracking. 

Even though he was strong he needed more than just his own powers if he wanted to survive this. The teachers knew how strong he was, they wouldn't underestimate him. They knew that he could blow up the entire Academy if he wanted, taking them all to the grave and standing on their ashes as he walked out of the flames without a single burn. If he would make any sudden or stupid move, they would act on it. They wouldn't hesitate to bring in bigger forces to deal with him. He had no chance of surviving this if it came down to that.

It was stupid that it had to come to this. He should've just gotten rid of Jimin and Hoseok, shut their mouths. He would be suspicious at the worst, now he was a fugitive. He wanted to, he planned to do so, but in that moment he felt like he couldn't. He could see himself standing over another grave. He couldn't let it end like that.

It didn't make any sense. Yoongi had hurt Hoseok before. He had beaten Jimin out of the way like he was nothing because for him there wasn't. They could be screaming, begging, crying and the sorcerer wouldn't feel a thing. It was as if life had desaturated for him. He no longer saw the colours in Hoseok's smile or feel the lightness in his touches. He couldn't feel anything. 

Yoongi didn't know what was happening to him. He didn't understand how he could hurt someone without a second thought but then almost break down to tears at the thought of losing them. It broke his mind and corrupted his thoughts. They wouldn't go away. They pestered him as if they were barbed wire stuck in his brain, hurting him, tearing him, making his thoughts go haywire. 

He didn't know where he was going. He had no plan, no safe place. There was no one left on his side. He hadn't heard of Mr Dae since he had given him his newest refill. The others were without a doubt looking for him.

So far Yoongi had only wandered around in the Academy. If anyone saw him he hid. It was like an endless game of hide and seek, but his freedom was the prize he had to pay for losing. It was risky, but he knew he couldn't leave just yet.

Where he would go or how he would get there were not of importance. What was however, was whether he had the power to cheat his way towards that place. He needed the book. Even though he had read the pages a thousand times there were many spells he hadn't tried yet. He needed the spoiled wisdom to better his power. He wouldn't make it otherwise. 

Slowly he walked down the corridor, his hands grasping the wall. With the uttermost care, he peeked past the corner. His heart started beating ten times as fast when his gaze met a man. He saw him turn around in the corner of his eye the moment he snuck back. 

The footsteps sounded even louder than his heartbeat. He gulped, the sound echoing through his head. Yoongi tried to calm himself. If he made a harsh move now he was done for. The footsteps came closer, and closer, until they stopped.

Yoongi could feel the presence of the man beside him. One look to the side and he would be caught. He couldn't move now, any move would draw attention. He had to be quick, either that or test his luck. He knew luck wasn't on his side. He had done too many wrong things to have the universe on his side. With that thought imprinted in his head, he stretched out his hand and intertwined his fingers with the man's shirt.

He focused. Ice started spreading from his fingers in mere moments freezing the man's skin. In only a minute he would be completely frozen, and he would move on. The man started breathing heavily. Suddenly the tables turned. The man grabbed Yoongi's wrist, trying to tug it off with all the power he had left in his frozen muscles. It only took him a second more to respond with his own spell.