Chapter Nine

We were able to go home two days later. Jeremy was still unsure of himself, and he hated be by himself. He'd been sore, and exhausted ever since returning home... it was so unlike Jeremy to just sleep. It was terrifying, seeing him so down. I figured that it was time to do what I never wanted to do, but I postponed the vow renewal... despite having almost everything lined up, this is what we needed to do. Jeremy's health and well being was much more important to me then that. I had married him on a lovely wedding on the beach and honestly I wasn't so sure that I wanted everything so open to the public. I liked being able to keep most of our private life, private.

"Jeremy, I think we should leave L.A."

"Why, Rowan? I'm fine."

"I think a change of scenery might be good... We have standing offers to visit in New York and appear on shows.... I think we should go. And we are going to bring Annie. I think it's time we take our first big trip with her."

"Are you sure about this, Rowan?"

I smiled with a nod, as I stirred my coffee.

"I've never been more sure. I think this will be good for us. Plus New York is one of my favorite places...."

"Okay. Then I'll go get plane tickets."

"Thank you, Jeremy. After calling off the vow renewal, I think it might be good to get out of this city. Can't hurt."

"Yeah, I guess you do have a really good point. Plus it wouldn't be horrible to just have a family vacation."

"I'll start making arrangements to get some time off from work. They understand."

Jeremy and I spent the day with our daughter and we were busy making plans for our trip. We wanted to spend about two weeks in New York and we would be staying in one of the suites at the Four Seasons. We had stayed there before, and it was a lovely place. I knew Annie would love it. At three years old, she wanted to see everything, and do everything. She was a joy for the both of us, and honestly some days she was the glue that kept us together. We had so many things going on, but we always found time for each other, and time for Annie.

It was important to me to keep our family together. We had the same problems as everyone else, but some days it had added stress being out in the public... it wasn't what I wanted sometimes. I just wanted a normal life with a happy family. I still had a happy family, but not without its limits, of what we could do out together, before a photographer showed up.