Chapter Twelve

I was up with Jeremy all night. The poor guy couldn't keep anything down, except little sips of water from time to time. This was the sickest I had ever seen Jeremy in the time that we had been married. Sure, he had colds every time he came home from press tours, but this was so much worse.

"Jeremy, I'm wondering if we should call a doctor..."
"Wouldn't do any good... can't have the medication for the flu... I'm allergic to it... I just have to suffer through it."
"I'm sorry, darling. Would you like me to call for some crackers, and soda? Might help to ease your stomach."
"Can't hurt..."

I nodded, and quickly placed a room service order. I got food for me and Annie, and what I needed for Jeremy.

By the time the order was placed, Jeremy was fast asleep.

"Annie, can you come here?"

"Coming, mommy."

I smiled as my daughter came running into the living room.
"Lunch should be here soon, and I got you a grilled cheese."

"That sounds yummy... Is daddy okay?"

"Daddy is sick, and he needs to sleep..."

"Will he be okay?"

"Of course, darling. He just needs some time to rest. Don't worry."

Annie nodded as she hugged me. She was so grown up for three years old, she was rather remarkable, and I was lucky she was my daughter.

"Would you like to watch one of your movies while you wait for your lunch?"

"Yes, please!"

Annie was thrilled as she ran off to get one of her movies while I got the TV set up for her.

Once she was all settled in, our food arrived. For once I allowed her to eat on the floor while watching her movie.
I took Jeremy his soda and crackers, for when he woke, and went back to join Annie in the living room for the morning.

-------------------------------

Late that evening, Jeremy was finally able to eat a bit, and he was slowly getting better. Given a day or two, he would probably sweat out whatever was causing him to be so sick. It was not ideal to be stuck in a hotel room, but we found things to do. Annie played with her toys, and we all watched movies, and read books and did anything to pass the time.

"Rowan, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm just tired from taking care of you and Annie. I'll be okay with some sleep."

"I sure hope that's all."

"I'm sure it is. I am just thankful that Annie isn't sick, and is sound asleep."

"Me too. I would hate to get her sick."

I nodded, as I placed a cool rag on his forehead before lying down next to him. We were both exhausted and in no time, we were sound asleep.