Chapter Twenty One

Jeremy's P.O.V

Annie was a little ball of fire first thing in the morning. She was so excited to be out of the city to have a yard to run in. She had some much of Rowan's fire and personality, it was incredible. I was amazed to see my daughter growing up before my eyes. I wasn't ever sure that I would have a family, and here we were, with an amazing daughter and another baby on the way.

"Annie, are you ready to go out and explore?"

"Yes, daddy. Why is mommy not coming?"

"She needs her rest, right now Annie. She should be able to join us sometime tomorrow."

Annie just nodded, knowing that Rowan was having a rough go of things lately. She also knew that it was because Rowan was going to have a baby.

"Daddy, can we ride down to the lake?"

"Of course, but we can't go swimming yet, it's still a little too cold."

"Okay. When will it warm up enough?"

"In a week or two. Not too much longer."

Annie was all smiles as she grabbed her backpack and we headed out to the four by four. This is where I wanted Annie to do most of her growing up, but our shooting schedules hadn't been flexible enough to spend most of our time in Lake Tahoe.

To me it was important to allow Annie to be a child, and not have to worry about growing up in the public eye. I knew that she would sometimes be in the public eye, but I wanted her to have a somewhat sheltered life.

"Daddy, are we going?"

"Yes, of course. Put your coat on, and we can head out."

"Okay, Daddy."

I watched Annie put on her coat and we headed outside. I made sure Annie was strapped into the four by four, and we headed down to the lake to let her do a little exploring.