Chapter Fifteen

We were all ready to go after an hour or so. We stopped at a coffee shop, because Jeremy was in desperate need of caffeine, and I wanted tea. And Annie was asking for chocolate milk. Coffee was becoming a family affair for sure.

"Mommy, what are we going to do today?"

"We are going to go shopping, get some lunch, and then I want to teach you how to go ice skating."

"That sounds like fun..."
I could see that she was thinking about something, but wasn't saying it straight out like she usually did.

"Annie, is there something that you would like to do today?"
"I don't know... can I pick out something for the baby?"

I couldn't help but smile at that question. Her sweet question, nearly melted my heart.

"Of course you can. I think that would be a great idea."

She just grinned before going over to Jeremy, so he could pick her up. She was such a daddy's girl in the morning, it was adorable.

We were greeted by our bodyguards, before heading to the coffee shop. I was not feeling my best that morning, but I was doing the best I could. Being pregnant was a gift, but also something that wreaked my body. Especially since I couldn't really take medication for anything.... Which meant my sleep was going to be interrupted by hot flashes, and nightmares.

"Rowan, your mind is wondering again...."

"I'm sorry, Jeremy. Just tired I suppose."

"I know that isn't the whole truth, but I am going to be by your side through all of this."

"I know you are... But today, let's just enjoy getting out and spending time with Annie."

"Of course, darling."

I smiled, sipping my tea as we walked down the street. Annie was with one of the bodyguards, Mike, just a few feet in front of us. She had taken quite a liking to him, and he was happy to tote her around on his shoulders.

"That little girl can make friends wherever she goes."
"Indeed she does... just like her father."

I smiled, as Jeremy slipped an arm around my waist. I had a feeling it was going to be a wonderful afternoon out.

—————————————

By the time we had gotten to the ice skating rink, I was so sick to my stomach I just couldn't do it.

"I'm sorry Annie. I just don't feel good..."

She seemed to understand, as she nodded.

"Is the baby making you sick, Mommy?"

"Yes..."

"It's okay... we can go another time. I guess the baby doesn't want to do it today."

"Thank you, sweetheart."

"It's okay, Mommy. I'm tired..."

"How about we go back to the hotel and take a nap. Maybe we can go skating tonight."

"Sure, Mommy."

She was so sweet, as we headed back to the hotel. She was so mature for her age some days, it surprised me.

Once Annie was down for a nap, I collapsed on the bed with Jeremy.

"Rowan, maybe we should go home... It seems more stressful for you here in New York, then what it is at home."

"I just need to get some rest, and then when we get home go back to the doctor to make sure everything is alright."

"I want to take you home, Rowan. I'm worried about you."

"Jeremy, I'll be okay... I promise you, I'll be okay."

He finally gave in, and just wrapped his arms around me, and held me close.
"I love you, Rowan... And I am so excited to become a father again."

"I love you too, Jeremy..."

I was soon drifting off to sleep, curled up with my husband, with his left hand resting gently on my stomach.