Chapter Twenty

The first night at the cabin was wonderful. It was quiet and peaceful, which wasn't always the case back at home in Los Angeles. We had been keeping long hours, and different things were causing us lack of sleep. Being pregnant was not the easiest thing in the world, especially when I was worrying about Jeremy as well.

Being out of the city, away from the traffic and noise was so nice. It was like our own little paradise in the mountains. Part of me wanted to just stay here permanently, but we had our jobs and home back in L.A. Changes were obviously coming in our lives, especially with baby number two on the way. It was going to change my career path, and several other aspects of my life that I was used to at the moment. Some of those thoughts kept me up at night, but I knew that everything would fall into place as time when on.

Jeremy's P.O.V

I could tell that Rowan was more comfortable being out of the city. She didn't seem so stressed out, which was good. She'd been having a rough few days, and I just wanted her to be able to rest and relax the best she could.

I woke up early the next morning, to make Rowan tea, and some oatmeal. She usually was sick in the morning, unless she managed to eat something almost as soon as she woke up.

"Rowan, babe... I have breakfast ready for you."

"Thank you, Jeremy. You didn't have to do that."

"I know, but you need to eat, so you don't have such a rough morning."

"Thank you, babe."

I sat next to Rowan in bed, while she ate. It was too early for Annie to be awake, so we still had a few hours to ourselves. Rowan looked well rested, but still a little on the pale side.

"Rowan, are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah... just a little off today, that's all. I may just take it easy, since we don't have anything important to do today."
"That would be a good idea. I know that you have been under a lot of stress lately, and it'll be good for you to be able to relax today."

"Thank you, Jeremy. But I do plan on trying to make at least one meal today, as well as spend some time with you and Annie. I want to spoil our little girl, to know how much we love her, and her new sibling."

"Annie knows how much we love her... and she always asks me when she is going to meet her new sibling."

I watched Rowan's eyes light up, hearing that. I knew that she was a little worried at how Annie might take being a big sister. Annie was old enough to understand, and was quite excited about the whole thing. It was just Rowan's nature to be nervous or worried about something. It was a side effect for her PTSD, and it didn't help that she had to be off of her medication because of her pregnancy. That's another reason that I wanted to move out to Lake Tahoe for a little while, to provide Rowan a stress free environment for the first couple of months of her pregnancy.

Rowan's P.O.V

I knew that Jeremy was worried about me, and I knew why. I was defiantly a person to keep an eye on, while pregnant. I had a tendency to be clumsy, especially durning pregnancy, and Jeremy hated to leave me alone for too long.

I was planning on having a very relaxing day, adjusting to being in the house, and away from the city.

"Rowan, where did your brain just go?"

"Trying to plan out how I am going to spend my relaxing day."

"Sounds like a good thing. But you have to promise me that you won't over do it today. The last thing you need is to be so tired or stressed out you can't get out of bed for the next two days."

"I promise I won't. I'll do my best to take it easy, and just be a bit of a bum today."

"Good. I'll be around, if you need me. And I am sure that Annie is going to want to spend some time with you before I take her out exploring."

"Now that I am looking forward to."

Jeremy and I spent the next several hours talking and just spending some quality time together before Annie got up and we got our day started.