Chapter Eleven

Rowan's P.O.V

We managed to get on the plane without any trouble the next morning, and were on the way to New York. Annie was sound asleep, and Jeremy had put his glasses on, and was busy reading.

I was glad that he seemed to be doing better, but I was still worried about him. He had been acting a little off, but I had to wonder if it was just because he was tired.

"Jeremy..."

He didn't answer me, which I thought was odd.

"Babe?"

"Huh, sorry... did you say something?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay?"

"My eyes hurt, and I've got a headache, but that's nothing to be worried about."

"If you say so. We should be landing shortly, so why don't you get Annie ready."

"Of course, darling."

We got all of our things together, and as soon as the plane landed, we were ready to go. There was a limo waiting for us, and we were taken to our hotel.

By the time we had arrived at the hotel, Jeremy looked worse for wear. I knew he needed rest so I insisted he sleep while I got Annie settled.

"Mommy, is Daddy okay?"

"He's tired, baby. He should be okay though..."

"I hope so..."

"Why don't you go play, and I'll be right back. I want to check on your dad."

"Okay, Mommy."

She gave me a hug before running off to play with her toys. I went into the bedroom to find Jeremy curled up on the bed, in quite a bit of pain.

"Jeremy, what's wrong?"

"I...I don't know... my stomach hurts something awful."

"Babe, I want you to roll onto your back... I want to check something."

"A-Alright."

I got him on his back, placing my hand on his forehead. He was a fever, and that wasn't good.
I could see he was a little green and I was worried he was going to get sick.

"Babe, do you feel nauseous?"

"Yeah... I... uh... yeah."

"Come on, let's get you into the bathroom... and get you a cool shower."

"That... sounds good."

I helped him get up, and into the bathroom. I helped him get into the shower after I set it to a good temperature.

"I'll sit right here, darling. Let me know if you need me."

"Okay..."

I figured that Jeremy must have the flu. It was honestly the only thing that made sense... I just wished we had not let our home for New York...