Chapter 6: Late Introduction

"Saan nga ulit nahanap ni Ninong si Kian?" Kei asked again, thinking that she might misheard Ianna's reponse.

"Sa Alecza raw, sa may Quezon City," her best friend retorted as she maneuvered the car to the left, entering a busy street.

Kei's pulse proliferately increased. She didn't understand what was making her so nervous. Ramdam niya rin ang pamamawis ng kanyang mga palad.

"Alecza?" she asked for the third time. But this time, she was hoping that Ianna might have said the wrong name of the hotel.

"Yes," Ianna answered again, knitting her brows in confusion. Intrigued by the sudden swift of demeanor she felt in her best friend, she took a glance at Kei at the passenger's seat.

Her forehead creased more when she saw how pale Kei's face was. "Is there a problem, Kei? Bakit parang namumutla ka?" Ianna asked with concern.

Kei shook her head and let out a heavy breath. "Wala. Pagod lang ako," she responded.

She closed her eyes and tried to even her breathing. Why do I have a feeling that finding Kian at Alecza was a bad news? she asked herself silently.

"Is this about what happened earlier?" Ianna asked again. "Is this about that asshole Reanan?"

For the second time, Kei shook her head again. "No. Masyado lang maraming nangyari magmula kahapon. I have a terrible headache," Kei retorted.

Ianna nodded her head in understanding. "Uminom ka ng gamot pagkauwi natin," she spoke softly.

"I'll do," her best friend responded.

Ianna has already stopped throwing questions at Kei and the only noise reverberating in her car was her built-in music player. However, Kei's mind was in a tornado of thoughts that made her feel uncomfortable. It also worsened her headache.

Paano kung... Hindi niya maituloy ang kanina pa bumabagabag sa kanyang isipan. Stop overthinking, Kei! Masyadong malaking hotel ang Alecza! Kahit pareho kaying nasa iisang hotel kagabi ay napakalaki ng tsansang hindi kayo nagkita! she chastised herself silently.

Hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit napaka-big deal sa kanya na nasa iisang hotel lang sila ng nakababatang kapatid ng kanyang best friend kagabi. There was something in her gut that was telling her there was something not right in last night's events but she couldn't put a finger on it. She felt terribly horrified for unknown reasons.

At kung nagkita man kayo, hindi mo naman siya makikilala! Totoy pa 'yon nang umalis ng Pilipinas at nang huli mong makita! she continuously reprimanded herself. "And if ever he recognized you, madali na lamang 'yung lusutan!"

"What?" Ianna asked in bewilderment.

Kei looked at her in horror. "What what?" she asked, all the colors on her face had totally faded.

Oh, gosh! Did I say it out loud? she thought, frantically.

"You were muttering words by yourself," Ianna uttered, peeking at her.

"Really?"

Tumaas ang isang kilay ni Ianna dahil sa mga ikinikikos ni Kei. Parang wala ito sa kanyang sarili.

"Seriously, Kei are you really all right?" she asked, a hint of accusation was on her tone.

"Of course, I am," Kei answered whike nodding her head eagerly.

Napa-iling na lamang si Ianna sa kanya. "I think you really need to take a rest. Para kang ewan d'yan," she mumbled.

"That's what I think too," Kei joked and grinned before she closed her eyes, trying to avoid any additional interrogation from her best friend.