Chapter 39: Confounding Revelations

"Meeting adjourned," Kian announced and the rest of the occupants of the conference room gave him a round of applause.

Isa-isa nilang inayos ang kanilang mga folders bago nagsitayuan. Nilapitan ni Kian ang kanilang bagong investor. They made a firm handshake as they smiled at each other.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Escueta. I hope you'll consider our offer of being part of K & L," Kian said on his formal tone.

Mr. Escueta nodded at him. "Prepare the necessary papers, Mr. Reyes and we'll see again on the contract signing."

Gulat na napatingin si Kian sa kausap. "It is a close deal then," he uttered. It was not a question, it was an affirmation of what he understood on what the old man said.

Muling tumango ang kanyang kausap. "It is. I've been dreaming since forever to be an investor in K & L."

Kian's grin went from ear to ear. "Thank you, Mr. Escueta. It's our pleasure to have you as an investor in our company. We will make sure that you'll never regret this and both of us will have a fruitful business relationship."

"I'll hold on to your words, young man," he smilingly said before he turned to Karlo who was listening to them. "You've raised your son well. Napakagaling din sa business kagaya mo. I can see the bright future of K & L under his reign."

"Like father, like son," Karlo proudly stated.

"Yes. Like father, like son," Mr. Escueta acquiesced. "Hindi na ako magtatagal. I'm leaving and I am needed on my office," pagpapaalam niya.

"Thank you again for investing on us," Karlo said.

"It's my pleasure, too. I'll go ahead," the older guy uttered. Muli itong nakipagkamayan sa mag-ama bago tuliyang umalis sa conference room.

Hinarap naman ni Karlo ang kanyang anak. "I'm so proud of you, Kian," he said smiling as he held his right shoulder firmly. "Sa dedikasyon na ipinapakita mo ngayon para sa K & L, sigurado akong malalampasan mo ang mga nagawa ko sa kumpanya."

"You've done big things for the comoany, Dad. Mahirap lampasan iyon."

"I know you can surpass what I have done, son. Keep it up."

"Thanks, Dad."

Karlo sighed. He put both his hands on his pockets before saying, "I'm really happy that you're taking your responsibility in the company seriously, Ki. In just few months, you'll take fully in control the K & L. Just a tip son, it really helps a lot if a man have a woman by his side while doing his responsibilities. Just like me and your Mom."

Malakas na natawa si Kian dahil sa sinabi ng kanyang ama. "Is that a go signal for me to marry, Dad?" he kidded.

Tumawa rin si Karlo. "Yes," he answered straightforwardly. "Kung gusto mong magpakasal ngayong araw mismo ay pwedeng-pwede na. I have a friend who's a judge and he's just one call away," biro nito.

"Are you serious, Dad?" hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Kian.

He and his Dad never talked about Kian's marriage until that time. Kian never knew that his father would be very supportive to him when it comes to that matter. Ayos, hindi na kami mahihirapan ni Kei nito sa parents ko kapag pinaalam na namin sa kanila ang plano namin, he giddily thought.

"You're turning twenty-three on August, Ki. I think that's not a young age for marriage. I was twenty-three when I married your mother. But the question is, may bride ka na ba?" Karlo teased and Kian grinned boyishly.

"Mayroon na, Dad," Kian answered immediately. "I can marry her today if she wants but I know thay she'll freak out if I ask her to," he nonchalantly stated and Karlo's face registered astonishment.