Chapter 31: Old Ghosts

Stop overthinking, Kei! Kei silently admonished herself as she dropped her face against her palms. And gather your wits together! Kumalma ka!

Seeing Kian with Agatha made her feel many unwanted emotions. Sariwa pa sa kanya ang ginawang panghahalik ng ginawa ni Agatha kay Kian sa drag race na pinuntahan nila noong nakaraang linggo. It still pained her. At ngayon, hindi niya akalain ni si Agatha pala ang new investor sa K & L.

Kei knew that Agatha was trouble. A big, big trouble for her and Kian. Kahit hindi niya lubusang kakilala ang dalaga, alam niyang hibang ito kay Kian based on Agatha's words and reactions towards the lad. And Kei perfectly knew also na may ibang pakay pa si Agatha kung bakit ito nag-invest sa K & L.

She'll try to get her way to Kian, she told herself and her irritation towards the lady escalated. Ngayon pa lang ay gumagawa na siya ng mga hakbang para mapalapit kay Kian. Who would buy that stupid business lunch excuse that she pulled -- shit! Stop it, Kei! Huwag ng kung ano-ano ang iniisip mo! Take it maturely!

Her phone sounded and she took it from atop the table. She immediately swiped the screen when she saw Kian's name reflected on it.

I'm sorry, Love. I know that we have planned to have our lunch date but Agatha insisted that we should talk more about the business deal over lunch. Dad told me to accompany her and I couldn't say no. Bawi ako later. Maybe let's just have our dessert pagbalik ko?

Kahit alam niyang may kapilyuhan ang mensahe ng kanyang nobyo ay hindi niya magawang mangiti. Masyadong marami ang bumabagabag sa kanyang isipan.

With a sigh, she couldn't help but type a sarcastic reply.

Okay lang. Enjoy your lunch with her.

Inilapag niya ng muli sa kanyang office table ang kanyang telepono ngunit isang minuto pa lang ang nakararaan, tumunog na ito sa isang tawag. Knowing that it was Kian, Kei reluctantly answered it.

"Love--"

"Bakit ka tumawag?" putol kaagad niya sa binata. "You should be with Agatha right now and discuss with her what needs to be discussed and you should not be calling me because I do not have anything to do with your business with her," she tactlessly spoke and immediately regretted the words she threw at him.

Shit, Kei you've gone too far! Wala siyang kasalanan so stop bitching at him! she berated herself as she heard his deep intake of breath on the other line.

"I'm sorry."

"I am sorry."

Magkasabay nilang sabi. Napakagat si Kei sa kanyang ibabang labi. She could hear the exhaustion on his Kian's voice.

"Look, Love I am sorry--"

"No, Ki you do not have a control on the situation. You don't have to say sorry. Ako dapat. Ako ang may mali. I should have widened my understanding. Naipit ka rin lang."

"I don't want to be with her, trust me," pagsusumamo ng binata.

Kei nodded her head. "I know. And I trust you. Hindi lang maganda ang naging unang pagkikita namin kaya siguro ganito ang nararamdaman ko."

"I'll make this meeting quick. I don't want you to worry about things like this. I know may kasalanan din ako kung bakit ganyan ang nararamdaman mo and I don't like this feeling--"

"Ki, naiintindihan ko. Naiintindihan kita. You don't need to explain. Do what you need to do, huwag kang magmadali just because of me," pinagaan niya ang boses niya para hindi na mag-alala pa sa kanya si Kian.