Chapter 11: Dragon Raid!

Hiccup

I woke up with screaming from outside.

What is it?

Valkyrie also had awoken from the commotion outside.

"What was that?" She asks, getting dressed from her guestroom.

"I really don't know, but let's find out." I replied as I opened the front door and we see something that we knew too well.

"It can't be!" Valkyrie said.

I knew what she must be thinking. "Astrid, you can't go in that Dragon Raid! It's crazy!" I exclaimed, trying to talk her out of it.

Valkyrie didn't hear what I have to say and through the village.

I groaned, and went after the Dragon Rider.

"Hiccup, get inside!" Mom said, "Your father can handle this."

I knew that Mom wanted what's best for me, but I have to help Astrid every way I can.

"I'm sorry, Mom." I said, leaving the house.

Astrid

I run as fast as I possibly can. I know that I have to get at least one of the Dragon's attention so I can find the Red Death.

A Nightmare spots me and was about to attack me, I said in Dragonese, "You can't hurt me. I know about the Red Death."

The Dragon was in utter shock that I speak the language of Dragons.

"You... You can speak Dragonese."  He said.

"Indeed I can. I learnt to speak it for three years. My name is Astrid Hofferson, but you can call me Valkyrie."

"How did you know about the dangers of these humans?"  He asks.

"They are part of my tribe. It's complicated."  I explained.

He nods, "So I see. Valkyrie... you really think you can defeat her? It's been so long."

"I will try. But I have no idea where her isle is."

"It's two days flight from here. No one can find it because there is a thick fog laying there."

"Thanks."  I said.

Hiccup yelled, "Valkyrie! Look out!"

The dragon spots him and I said, "It's ok... it's ok.. he's a friend."

The Nightmare looks directly into Hiccup's eyes and flew off.

"You really have a death wish?!? What were you doing?" Hiccup asks.

"I know where the Red Death is." I replied and repeated of what the dragon told me.

"That's great! Now all we need to do is hopefully not let my Dad know-"

"Know what?" The Chief asks.

As Hiccup was about to think of a way to get out of the situation, I heard an familiar sound.

"Night Fury! Get down!" A villager said.

Toothless had arrived and Stoick went towards him with his axe!

Hiccup

I see Dad running to Toothless with his axe!

I had to do something! Toothless is the one who protects Astrid for three years and their bond is powerful.

I don't want Astrid to be unhappy. I decided there is another way to protect both Rider and Dragon.

I pushed the Chief from harming the Night Fury.

"Run, get out of here!" I said to Valkyrie and Toothless.

Valkyrie looks at me with sad eyes, "No, Hiccup, I can't leave you!"

"You have to! Go!" I pleaded.

Without hesitation, she mounted into the saddle, which shocked the whole village.

"She's a Dragon Rider!" A Villager cried in shock.

I knew that I kept my promise of keeping her secret.

Astrid took one last moment by looking into my eyes and I knew what she was saying to me in silence, "I love you."

I nodded as the whole village watched the Dragon Rider and Dragon flew off with the other Dragons.

Everyone were so stunned of what had happened and then looked directly at me.

In that moment, I knew that things were not going to be easy.

Author's note: What you guys think of this chapter? What will happen next? Find out soon! - Jan