Chapter 12: Hiccup's Punishment

Stoick

I should've known. Valkyrie is someone that we shouldn't trusted in the first place!

She is a Dragon Rider and she rides one of the deadliest dragon that Berk has ever seen: A Night Fury!

As the villagers stare at Hiccup, I knew that he and I need a talk.

"Everyone go to your homes immediately! I will talk to him myself.

The villagers glared at the boy as they couldn't believe that he kept Valkyrie and her dragon a secret from the whole village.

I pulled him with a strong grip as we entered the Great Hall.

"Dad, I could explain!" Hiccup said, trying to reason with me.

"You lied to us! You lie to all of Berk!" I yelled, pacing back and forth.

Hiccup said, "I know. I know! It's a lot more complicated than it appears to be!"

I yelled, "How complicated can it be when you made friends with the our moral enemy!"

"Toothless was just protecting Valkyrie! He's not dangerous! Valkyrie was determined to find the Dragon's Den-"

"The Dragon's Den! So, she knows where it is?" I asked, having an idea struck in my mind.

"No! Dad, it's too dangerous!"

"You will be punished for what you did." I replied.

The villagers gather in the center of the village.

Two of them grabbed Hiccup and tied his hands up and he was shirtless.

"The Villagers will give this traitor a whip on his back until I say stop. No holding back." I instructed.

Snoutlout 

I saw Hiccup in the center of the village. I know that what he did was wrong. He should've told us in the very beginning of who Valkyrie was, but in spite of it, he was being punished for it.

The whole village stand in line to do the whipping of Hiccup. I hear the crack of the whip snapping into the boy's back and he was groaning and yelling from the pain.

Fishlegs was scared, so was the twins.

"Hiccup doesn't deserve this." Fishlegs said, trembling.

"I know that he was protecting Valkyrie, but this is far too much to handle!" Tuffnut said.

"Next!" The leader of the line said.

I looked at the others so they could go first, but Fishlegs pushed me go forward, mostly because they didn't want to disrespect the Chief.

I gulp in fear as I walked towards Hiccup with the whip in my hand.

What I saw, was terrifying. Hiccup lost a lot of blood and there was scars on his back.

He looks like a lifeless doll and I knew that if this keeps up, he might faint from exhaustion or die.

"Just go with it!" Hiccup said, faintly.

I whispered, "I'm so sorry, Hic. I'm truly am."

I gathered all my strength I had left inside of me as I used the whip and Hiccup groans in pain from it.

As I go down, I thought of how Hiccup tries to protect that Night Fury and Rider.

Could we be wrong about them for so long and what really caused the raids in Berk?

Toothless

As we flew from Berk, I couldn't stop of thinking of Hiccup.

"Astrid, we have to turn back."  I said to the Rider.

Valkyrie said, "No! You heard what Hiccup said. We have to get away from that place. They might kill you."

"But what about Hiccup?!? He might be in real trouble, and we have to do something about it! He might bullied you when I first found you, but deep down inside, he really cares about you, and you cared about him. Don't tell me that I was right."  

She looked at me and then groans.

"I hate it when you're right." She said.

We flew straight away to find Hic and what we saw was terrifying.

Hiccup, being tortured by the whole village, just because he kept his promise to Astrid of keeping our secret safe.

"Oh, Hic." Astrid said, felt guilty of leaving him in the first place.

"Valkyrie, what shall we do?"  I asked, looking at poor Hiccup.

"We have to get him out of here and fast."

"Fast is one of my favorite things. Hang on!"  I said as we flew towards the village. 

Astrid

We flew through the village and Stoick glares at me, "Valkyrie."

"Toothless, plasma blast!" I ordered the Night Fury.

The Night Fury did as instructed, causing the villagers to scream in terror, but Snoutlout, Fishlegs and the twins stayed in their place, watching me.

I pulled out one of my knives from my pocket and cut Hiccup free.

He nearly fell and thankfully, Toothless caught him just in time.

"Let's go home."  I said to Toothless in Dragonese.

We flew as fast we can, so I can heal Hiccup properly.

"A..Astrid?" Hic said, barely opening his eyes.

"Hiccup, just hang in here. I will help you. I can't imagine a world without you in it." I said.

Hiccup closes his eyes again and I knew that he needs serious help.

We landed in the isle and I carried Hic into my bed.

I saw how much blood that Hiccup lost and it's all because of me.

Why shouldn't l come sooner?!?

I pulled out the needles and made stitches into his back.

"I'm so sorry, Hic." I whispered.

I knew that I have to defeat the Red Death once and for all.

She did enough damage to me and everyone closest  to me.

Author's note: What you guys think of this Chapter? Find out what happens soon! - Jan