Chapter 20: Morning Flight

Astrid

As I back in my own room, I think about everything has happen.

I defeated the Red Death, with the help of my former bullies and their new dragons.

Toothless pounded on the rooftop, which is a sign that he wanted to go on a morning flight, which we always do back on my isle.

I laughed as I pretend not ignore the Night Fury.

"Astrid, come on!"  Toothless yells from the roof.

I rolled my eyes as I removed my sheets and put my clothes on.

I opened the front door and I see all of Berk with Dragon symbols in the houses.

It is still hard to believe that Dragons and Vikings live in peace now.

I knew that things wouldn't be the same again.

"Astrid, you coming or what?"  Toothless asks, interrupting my thoughts.

I smiled, "Sorry, bud. I was just thinking about something."

I climbed into his saddle and we flew into the sky.

 I knew that being Valkyrie... there is some secrets that I didn't share with my new friends...

Something I did... would change everything.

Hiccup

As I pet Stormfly, Dad noticed I was awake.

"I see you're up early, Son." The Chief said.

"Morning, Dad." I greeted the Chief.

Ever since he apologized about the whole misunderstanding about keeping Astrid's secret identity safe, we became more than father and son. We became friends.

"So, where you going this early? Going to see your girlfriend?" He smirks.

I blushed in embarrassment, "Dad, I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend yet! I want to ask her when I'm ready."

Stormfly rolls her eyes, "Sure... Hiccup. You stutter when you around her now. Ever since you discovered Valkyrie is Astrid, you seemed blushing."  

I stutter, " I- I don't!"

The Nadder laughs at me.

"It seems Stormfly agrees with me." Dad said, grinning.

"Now, Stoick, don't embarrass him too much." Mom said, peeking through the doorway.

"Valka, come on, he's 19. He deserved to have a girlfriend." Dad said, pointing out.

As right on cue, I see Astrid and Toothless coming in for a landing.

"Later!" I told my parents.

She got out of her saddle.

"Hey, Milady." I said, using the nickname I used when I reunited with her.

"Oh, hey, Hic. I didn't know you were up. I should've told you and the other Riders where we were." She replies, sheepishly.

"It's fine, really. I want to ask you something. I should've done this a long time ago, but...

Astrid Hofferson... would you be my girlfriend?" I asked.

That's when she smirks at me and gave me a kiss on the lips.

It reminded me when we had our kiss back on her isle, when I realized Valkyrie and her are the same person.

When we pulled, Astrid said, "Did that answer your question?"

I smiled as we go look forward to our new future with Dragons.

The End... or isn't?

Author's note: Well, I decided to make this a book series. This is Book 1! I'll post Book 2 ASAP! - Jan