Two Years And Counting

Two years later 

Dontae's P.O.V 

Living room

Dontae: akai get off the couch like that 

Akai: I like jumping mommy! 

Dontae: I don't care. You have a trampoline outside, either go out there or

*CRASH*

Dontae: *jumps* what in the..... 

Akari: *runs out* mommy Nuvo did it!! 

Dontae: yeah I'm real sure! Akai don't get spanks tonight please! 

*door opens* 

Twins: Daddy!!!! *runs to him* 

Kaydun: hey babies! *picks them up* you missed me? 

Akai: I did daddy kay. I want some juice 

Akari: daddy kay I didn't do nothing! Nuvo drop the glass 

Kaydun: oh really? *puts them down* and I don't get no hug from wifie? 

Dontae: just waiting till you get some free space in your arms *kisses him* how was your day babe? 

Kaydun: my day? My day was  

Twins: boring!! 

Akai: lets play inside kari! *runs inside* 

Akari: wait up kai! *follows* 

Dontae: *laughs* so, your day? *sits* 

Kaydun: it was pretty good, I guess. I mean these clowns don't have a clue how to properly sand a damn car and spray it without any damn streaks whatsoever! Like how freaking hard is it to just.....*sees her face* sorry baby girl *kisses her*  

Dontae: come sit with me *pouts* 

Kaydun: you're so cute when you pout you know *sits next to her* 

Dontae: *blushing* you know I can't take it when you do that 

Kaydun: I know *smirks* 

Dontae: you just love to see me blush 

Kaydun: *laughs* so how was your day? 

Dontae: well as soon as you left, akai started crying. Then at school akari got in a fight with a little boy over a toy truck. We came home and those two little brats ran wild throughout this house asking "when is daddy kay coming home" oh my god I had such a day 

Kaydun: aww, come here baby

He smiled at me and pulled me close to him. I laid on his chest and played with the buttons on his shirt while he patted my hair. I loved cuddling with him. He always made me feel like I was the most important thing in the world. 

Yeah I married kaydun. About a year after we got back together. I honestly don't know how it happened. One minute we were on a date, the next we're on our honeymoon. It was really that fast. August was upset about it, I actually think he still is. I haven't seen him since the day we had sex. It was three months after kaydun and I got back together. 

He came over to see the twins, which led to him and I on the couch naked. I told kaydun and he told me to stay away from august. Now when august wants to see the kids he calls and has one of his friends to pick them up for me. Or I'll send them with one of my friends. 

As I laid there with my husband, I couldn't help but think of august. I still love him. Honestly I'm in love with him. I just made the practical decision for my family. And that was to be with kaydun. He's here all the time, helping me, loving me, being a great husband and step father. He makes me happy no doubt but, I just keep thinking of august. every time my son smiles, I see his dad.