Chapter #16- Change of Plans

Bella's Point Of View

It's been a month, a month since I got out of the hospital.

Adam has only stopped by twice, i mean, i understand because he explained that he has been packed lately trying to catch up with football training.

Although i would have liked it if he stopped by more often, afterall, i did get into this big ass car crash only to have him visit me twice in two months.

I probably sound crazy, like i'm trying to hog him all up or not appreciating his time at the hospital desperately waiting for me to wake up. Because i know he was there everyday and my mom told me more about it as the days went by.

But i kinda thought he'd be more worried, like maybe something might happen to me, another coma, lung failure because of all the smoke in the accident.

You're being silly, Bella.

I grabbed a pillow and threw it over my head. "Sweetie? You in here?"

"No mom, i took my unicorn down the street to get ice cream." i said in a 'duh' tone. Where else would i possibly be at?. I heard a small chuckle on the other side of the door and then she walked inside.

"I don't appreciate the attitude," she smiled, "But, someone's here to see you" I quirked my eyebrow up, "Adam?"

She shook her head, "I'm sending her up" she smiled. I just went back to looking up at the ceiling and wondering.

Some of the worst things in the world happen to girls that don't need it, well boys too, but you barely ever see that. It's like the girls get it most difficult in this game called Life. As in all the boys have to do is get their parts to you and that's it, they can step down at any moment. Us girls however-

"Oh Bella" Summer gasped ever so slightly as she gave me a once over. Yeah, i'd be surprised too. My body hasn't fully recovered, this explains all the bruises and all the marks and scars that cover me.

I sighed, "Summer." After all this time you would expect her to be somewhere out there laughing with her friend about my misery and about how i got hit by a car and now look like a bruised apple, a very bruised apple..

And yet here she is, after sneaking behind my back to go sleep with my boyfriend whom i thought was perfect and we were meant to be, only to ask how i feel and give me those pit eyes that i dont need.

I remember i forgave her that day in the parking lot when i found Adam with Elena at the mall. I think i know deep down that i meant that and i did forgive her because even though she didnt deserve it, i've missed our friendship.

But i can't let her know that. I once depended on my best friend, Summer, i told her all my secrets, everything, and then she backstabbed me just like that, without pain or regrets she just did it.

"Bella i am so-"

"Don't tell me you're sorry this happened to me, that youre glad i'm okay, and that you've missed me and prayed that i'd be just fine, dont look at me with pity in your eyes, don't feel sorry for that incident years ago, and don't think i still love Jake cause i dont need that" she was just looking at me, mouth ajar, eyes fixed upon me, not kowing what to say i looked at the ceiling and then at my poster covered walls.

She cleared her throat ever so slightly, "I'm just happy you're alive"

What?

I looked at her in silence, her eyes were just pouring into mine, she was dead serious about this and I could tell. "Thank you"

She cracked into a smile, "I'm going to go change at my house and then I'll come right-"

I cut in knowing what she'd say, "I want to be alone," I said silently, "Just for tonight.." I looked at her, "Come by tomorrow though" I smiled.

She nodded as she picked up her purse from the floor, "I understand, if anything," she said as she put a little paper with her number on it on top of my nightstand besides me, "Just call me"

I nodded and smiled weakly, "I will I promise"

Maybe

***

"Bella, babe, come on wake up" Adam's raspy voice echoed through my small room as he shook me lightly trying to get me to wake up.

I groaned and turned to the other side. I love Adam don't get me wrong, but he is interfering with my sleeping hours and I do not appreciate that.

"Bella Viera wake up!" he shouted as jumped on my bed laughing. I opened my eye and shot him a death glare:

"Do you have to wake a crippled girl up from her sweet dreams?" I asked, sarcasm laced within my  voice.

He just smiled, "No, but I bought you something!." I sighed and then chuckled, "What is this little something that couldn't wait a few hours 'till I woke up?"

He reached into his pockets and pulled out a rectangular red velvet box, over it was a white bow, white as snow and very soft looking.

I just gasped, "What is it?" I asked as he handed the little box down to my hands and I grasped it's soft material.

We stayed in silence as he watched me undo the bow and open the box. Inside lay the most beautiful and sparkling necklace I had ever seen. Lines of dark blue diamonds sparkled in the light the infiltrated my room.

Never before had I ever thought that I'd get a beautiful necklace like such on a random day like this. I looked at the necklace in awe, "Adam..." I began.

But instead of finishing I put the box to the side and reached for his neck dragging him down into a deep kiss. Oh God, have I missed his beautiful lips!

We pulled apart only to get air but our foreheads continued to touch, "Thank you so so much"

He gave me a small sideways smile that showed his sparkly white teeth, "It's beautiful, just like you"

 I felt my cheeks fluster and turn a hot pink color. Was I really blushing? Shouldn't I be over the butterflies already oh my God!

"I love it, but what is it for?"

"It's Valentine's Day Bella" he said as If not surprised that I had no idea what day it was. How long did I fall asleep? Was yesterday really February 13? What the actual hell..

I gasped, "But Adam, I can't take this..." I frowned looking at the velvet box besides me.

He sighed, "Bella, it's for you, why don't you want it?"

I took in a sharp breath, "I didn't get you anything...." 

He gave me that little raspy and husky laugh that I fell in love with in the first place and then his eyes fixed upon me once again as he mumbled...:

"Bella, I don't need a Valentine's Present, the best present I will ever have is looking right at me with the most beautiful smile ever, I don't need anything else when I have you"

By the time he was finished speaking I was smiling like a complete idiot as a small tear trickled down my cheek.

How did I ever land a guy like this?

_________________________________________________________________________________

It's been forever you guys :(

I'm so sorry I haven't gotten around to writing or updating anymore, school's been kinda crazy and I rarely have time to update or even go on Wattpad anymore only during class which is where I'm publishing this from :(

But totally being honest i'll be faster with updates. I honestly can't believe it's been months since my last update on this story!

Hope you like the little chapter!

Love you guys! xxx

-Elisa