Chapter 11- The Terrible Tragedy

CHAPTER 11

💔 -The Terrible Tragedy-💔

"Oh my God! Guess what?!" Amanda squealed through the phone.

It's been a few days since what happened between Adam and Megan.

No one mentions it anymore, and if someone does, Adam goes crazy. As for me, i ignore it.

I sighed as i chuckled, "Hm. What happened now?"

Amanda squealed -this time louder- and said, "Aiden is coming to our school next week! Aaannndd he asked me on a date!"

I laughed, "You mean the guy from the café?"

I could tell she was nodding, "Mhm!"

"Sweetheart! Come on down your father and i want to speak to you!"

My mother called from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back, "Mandy i'll call you back"

The line went dead...

***

"Yes mother?" I asked in a British accent once i was down the stairs.

"Come here. we need to talk" She replied from the kitchen.

I walked in through the double doors that swings.

"What-" i began but as my eyes darted around i saw my mother cooking, my father reading the newspaper and Adam on his phone silently.

I watched his back in silent then my eyes fell on my mothers sad ones.

"What's going on?" I questioned when a tear ran down her cheek silently.

"A terrible tragedy has happened honey" she said her voice cracking slightly.

My eyes fell on my fathers who was now folding his newspaper in front of him, a tear sliding down his cheek.

Why are they crying? What's going on? Why won't Adam face me?

"Mom..." I paused, "What is going on?" I asked my voice getting lower and lower by the second.

It breaks me to see them like this..

"Adam's father was on his way home when a drunk man driving a large truck crashed him." He paused to look at Adam, "His father didn't make it"

Oh my God!

"Your kidding right?" I asked.

I didn't know his father well. But during the other times i went over, i warmed up to his parents.

Poor Adam...

She nodded her head, "I'm sorry but i'm serious. Adam's mother is going out of state to her mothers house. She believe it'd be best if she left for a while and told her husbands family what happened" she paused yet again to look t me intently, "Adam is going to stay and finish the rest of his senior year. He begged to finish at this school and we offered he could stay here with us since they helped us as well when we were gone." She finished looking from Adam to me.

He's staying at my house?! What?!

I understand and all but how am i supposed to deal with all of this? Im supposed to be avoiding him as muh a possible! Now i have to share the same home as him for who knows how long!!

I cursed under my breath, "Alright fine".

***

🙇ADAM'S POINT OF VIEW🙇