Chapter Four

Recap;

I smiled at him sadly and placed a hand on his cage. I said, "Loki trust me, it just isn't worth it. Out of everyone else in this universe, I would know. I-it's just not worth it-t."

Crystal's POV

I turned and ran out of the room, hearing Loki call my name once before I slammed the door closed behind me. I ran to the lab, it was the first place I thought to go. I opened the door gingerly though, having stopped to catch my breath before I opened it. I walked inside and three heads instantly snapped towards me, Tony, Capt. and Bruce.

I shook my head and walked over to Tony, he opened his arms just seconds before I fell into them. We fell to the ground but Tony easily held his own and mine. He petted my hair softly, just shushing me. I shook my head, "I didn't mean it, I-I didn't mean to! I just wanted him to feel my pain after what he did to me all those years!! And with what he was p-planning!! I never i-imagined I-I would hurt anyone else, I d-didn't mean it. I d-didn't-t mean it-t. I just- I just....I hate myself."

Capt. gingerly sat down next to me and wrapped an arm around my waist as well, giving me a comforting squeeze. Tony whispered, "It's okay."

"No it's not, I'm a murderer. I caused my people to be wiped off the face of the earth Tony, I'm no better than Loki." I told him, looking up at him through tear filled eyes.

"You're way better than Loki, you know why? You feel remorse, you feel guilty, that's a sign of humanity." Tony told me.

Capt. said, "Crystal, you didn't mean to cause anyone harm, just one person that tortured you for years, Loki is targeting the entire world."

I shook my head and pulled myself closer to Tony, Cap released me to allow me to do so. I buried my face into Tony's shoulder and he just let me, doing small things to try and comfort me. I heard the door open and then, "Cryst-"

"Crystal is currently unavailable right now." Bruce said suddenly.

"Fury is demanding her immediate-"

"You heard the man." Capt. said, getting up.

"Guys no seriously." I said suddenly. "I've gotta face the music sometime."

I pulled away from Tony and stood. I placed a hand over my eyes and took a few deep shuddering breaths, trying to get myself to stop crying already. I wiped at my eyes and nose angrily and then motioned for the agent to go. I was still crying, but at least I wasn't a complete mess.

Okay maybe I was wrong. My hair was smooth, but my clothes were disheveled and my eyes and nose were red. I was still crying and my shoulders shook with every breath I took. I felt someone walking next to me and then an arm glided around my waist. Without looking at him I said, "Thanks Tony."

"No problem Sweetheart." He told me.

I paused when I saw Loki's cage footage feed up on the big screen, everyone saw it then...

Fury started, "Crystal how could you-"

Thor asked, "Wait, are you of the Helta realm?"

I nodded, wiping at my eyes again since they still leaked.

Fury started again, "What does it matter what damn realm she's from! She still-"

Thor roared, "The Helta realm was about to go to war to exterminate everything in the universe under it's new leader! Her brother! Do you see now why she was trying so hard to take him down! She saved the universe!!"