Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After Elle finds a dress she likes we look for one for me to wear. Elle is most likely going to be picking it out because shopping is not my forte, I just come to the mall to hang out and get the occasional job when I need extra money.

Elle is the shopping expert, so she picked out her own dress and then just asked for my opinion. Her dress was gorgeous though. She wants to stand out in the crowd so she got a neon green dress that, when the lighting is right, looks like it is glowing. It's a strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and is lace. The dress comes down to her knees in the front and then down to her ankles at the back. It's not tight or puffy, it just flows really nicely. Anywho, she looks stunning in it.

"What color do you want?" Elle asks, turning to face me.

"Probably black," I say, somewhat bored with being here still and not at home with Brandon.

"Oh, good idea," she says. "That will make your eyes pop. See, you do have a sliver of a sense of fashion!"

I put my hand over my heart. "It's been nonexistent for so long, I thought it ran away from me."

"I probably would have run away from you too."

"Thanks, Elle, really feeling the love," I give her an eye roll

"Anytime," she says. "Now let's hurry up before it buries itself deep in your mind again."

I go straight over to a rack with my size and start my search. After a while, I finally find one that looks good. It's a long, open back, one shoulder black dress, with some silver designs on it so it's not too plain and boring. I go to the fitting rooms and when I try it on I know this is the one I'm going to get. It's tight and shows off my curves, but has a split on the right side so I can still move around and dance. With a black dress and having black hair, my blue eyes stand out and look good.

I rush out of the fitting room and find Elle. "Oh my gosh Elle, look at this. I'm getting this one!" I say bouncing up and down.

"Hold still so I can get a good look at it," I stop and she does a double take of it. When her eyes come up to my face her jaw drops making an 'o' shape. "Wow. Your eyes really do look amazing in black. Okay, you have to get this one!" she exclaims, grabs my hands, and starts to jump up and down. 

I go back to the fitting room and steal one last look before I change back into my jeans and t-shirt.

"I hope Brandon likes it," I tell Elle as we walk to the counter to pay for our dresses.

"The only reason he wouldn't like it is if he's gay and not interested in any girls at all Blaize," She grabs hold of my shoulders and turns me to face her, forcing me to look into her pale blue eyes that anyone would be happy to have. "You look like a runway model ready for the red carpet. Hell, you could win the title of Mrs. Universe in that. He is going to like it, trust me." And I decide that she probably knows what she's talking about, so I take her word for it.

After paying for our dresses we head over to Pretzel Maker and buy us some of the best friggin pretzels bites ever. Elle finds us a table and we sit and chit chat about a little bit of everything. After a while, it gets dark out so we decide to call it a day and go home.

I'm walking back to my truck and my heart skips a beat at the sight of someone in the passenger seat of my vehicle.  As I got closer I mentally facepalmed myself for getting freaked, it was just Brandon. I wonder how long he's been here? Hopefully, he didn't come into the mall and see my dress. I was planning on it being a surprise for the dance this weekend. In that case, then Saturday will be the first time he sees it.

I slip into the driver's seat and say, "Hey. What are you doing here? I thought you were gonna wait for me to come back. You do know the back door is unlocked right?" Maybe he thought he was locked out of the house.

"Well actually," he starts, nervously running a hand through his hair. "I was waiting for you. but someone kinda came over. I'm pretty sure you know who it is too."

"What the fuck is wrong with Adam?" I ask. "He's lucky I wasn't there cause I would have called the police on his sorry ass. Wait, did he see you?"

"No," he says. "I stayed just long enough to make sure he didn't come in and try and steal anything. Once he left I came straight here to wait for you."

"How did you get here, your car?" I ask looking around the mall parking lot for his sleek black Mustang.

"No I didn't bring it, case my wolf form is faster than any car," he states. "My car is still parked by your place. Now let's go home."

I couldn't help but smile that he said 'home'.

So we drove hand in hand singing to songs that came on the radio.