Chapter 8: Part 2

Chapter 8 Part 2

School has been very long and boring, but at least I don't have any homework. My last class is Study Hall so I am headed to the library. As I'm walking down the hall Lora, my Study Hall Buddy, comes up to me and says, "Hey."

"Hey there, Study Hall Buddy," I say back.

"I heard something recently," she tells me.

"Really?" I ask in a fake surprised voice, "Because I'm pretty sure that last I checked, anything you heard just goes in one ear and out the other."

"Yes, well this time it went in both ears at the same time, which is confusing as hell might I add, and it forced my brain to process it," she said quickly, all in one breath.

"Well that's odd," I say, tapping my chin lightly with my head tilted a little bit. "Are you going to share what you heard?"

"I heard," she says, stepping into the library, "That you and Brandon are dating!"

"Shit. Where did you hear it?"

"I don't remember anymore," Lora scoffs.

"Well, I just hope to god that Adam doesn't find out. I had to shoo Brandon away from the loner table just so that Adam doesn't get suspicious."

"Well he was staring right you, like, all lunch," she states, dropping her books on our table and plopping down in her seat.

"No, he wasn't. It's over and he knows it, even if he doesn't know I'm with Brandon."

"Well only three people sit at your loner table every day, you, Kylie, and Zoey. Now I don't think he would be staring at the other two."

"Hey, maybe he was. They are both hotter than I am. Or maybe he was staring at Savannah, she was sitting at the table directly behind us."

"Ugh, you are impossible," she groans.

"Why thank you. I consider that a compliment. And don't even say anything about me having a thick skull, or I will have to prove that yours is thicker," I warn.

"Whatever."

"Don't make me."

"Armadillo!" she yelps then pulls her knees to her chest and covers her head with her arms. Everyone, including Mrs. Yanders, the librarian, stares at us and I just shrug.

"Girls, settle down so we can start name call," she says in her annoying nasal voice before calling out last names, "Okay, Armando."        "Present."     "Belese."     "Present."     "Bullard."     "Here."     "Clare."     "Present."     "Doves."     "Here."     "Evers."    

"Here," I call out.    

"Floyd."     "Present."     "Garcia."    

"I am here Mrs. Yanders," Lora says.    

"Garcia," Mrs. Yannders repeats.

"Um, here," Lora says again.

"Lora!" Okay, now she sounds really irritated.

"I said I am here," Lora yells.

"Don't get an attitude with me," she scolds.

"I wouldn't have to if you wouldn't have forgotten your friggin hearing aids in the freezer again," Lora says.

"What?" calls Mrs. Yanders.

"Exactly!" Lora shouts and we look at each other and hold in laughs. Mrs. Yanders just makes this way too easy for us.