Chapter 13

Back to Blaize!

                                                                           Chapter 13

I smack another drink from Lora's grip as she starts to raise it to her mouth. That was the third one that I had managed to prevent her from drinking but she had had more before I returned inside and no one is quite sure how many... but she had enough to get her tipsy... and more than a little. What can I say, she likes to party hard.

"Wanna dance?" Brandon asks over the loud music.

"Sure," Just as we reach the dance floor a slower beat starts to play. I look up at Brandon and ask, "What did you do?"

"I just requested a slow song," he shrugs.

"What would have done if I said no?" I ask as I place my arms around his neck.

"Dragged you over here kicking and screaming," he says seriously, but he can't hide the laughter in his eyes. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me closer to him.

 "Sure you would have," I say as I get comfy up against him. We barely even move as we enjoy being wrapped up in each other's warmth for the time being.

As the song comes to an end I don't bother to move. I grumble to Brandon, "I don't wanna move."

"Good, cause I wasn't planning on it either," he chuckles and I laugh lightly with him until we settle back into a comfortable silence, barely even swaying from side to side as the air around us becomes energetic once again. It's like we are in our own little bubble and no one can disturb us. 

And no one does. That is until I feel a light tap on my shoulder. "What?" I ask Savannah as I turn my head a little bit, keeping close to Brandon.

"I was just wondering if I may steal Brandon away," She says with what I think is her seductive grin, but makes me wonder if she isn't related to the Cheshire cat in some twisted way. I can't help but start to think, why does she always seem to go for my man? I mean, come on, are you freaking serious?

Brandon surprises me by saying, "No you may not," in a tone that I don't hear him use very often. He must be getting as annoyed with Savannah as I am.

"Oh come on Bran-Man," she whines.

"Don't," I warn, stepping away from Brandon and getting in her face. "Leave us alone, leave me alone."

"Oh yeah? And what if I don't? What are you gonna do about?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Entertain me," Savannah urges.

I grab her shoulders and spin her around and whisper into her ear, "I'm gonna rip all the plastic that's on your face off and shove it so far up your ass, that you'll be able to taste it for a month." With that, I shove her back into the crowd. 

Brandon chuckles as I walk back over to him and he wraps his arm around me again. "That was kinda hot," he whispers.

My back is against his chest so I turn my head around and ask him, "Is that so?" while raising one of my eyebrows.

"Mhm."

"I'm glad someone enjoyed it," I smirked. "But I was serious when I said that. I seriously will."

"I wouldn't put it past you," he chuckles.

"Damn right," I mumble and melt into him once again with my arms wrapped tightly around him.

The dance ends late at night and while some people go to houses where they are having parties to keep the night of fun going, Brandon and I head home. Elle is driving Zoey home, I guess, so we don't have to drive her home. I slide into the passenger seat of Brandon's worn, out black Mustang- he got it already used but in good condition so he could afford it. He turns on the radio and pulls out of the school's driveway with my hand in his. I rest my head on the seat belt and stare out the window while Avril Lavigne's cover of How You Remind Me plays quietly.

I think about what happened earlier today at the dance. Vicky's back. Savannah's reign is almost over. Adam and Vicky are siblings. Zoey may have something with Hayden, just maybe.

And Adam has gone off the deep end. He had the guts to pry me from Brandon while I was comfy and try to start grinding into me from behind. Imma castrate that boy if he ever does something so stupid again. And that would be being nice...

I mean, who the hell does he think he is? Savannah told him that I'm dating Brandon, that's why I don't care if we act like the happy couple we are out in public. Someone needs to tell him to get his head out of his ass because it ain't a hat! He may be a cheating asshole, But I am not!

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know, I'm being placed gently into my bed and I hear my music start playing So I Thought quietly. Then the bed dips behind me and arms snake around my waist and pull me against a warm chest. I grumble a little bit in my sleepy state and face towards Brandon and he sweetly smiles down at me. I reach up and give him a quick kiss and sleepily mumble, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Darling," he whispers back as I cuddle into him and drift off to sleep in his warm embrace.