39

3AM

Simon's POV

The cold crisp air hits my body as soon as I walk out onto the dark, abandoned field. I throw my hoodie's hood up over my head as I walk across the damp grass. My hands sit in my pockets. I look back every few seconds, making sure no one is behind me; following me. 

I sit in my usual spot at the top of the field, far away from the school building. I grab a packet of cigarettes out of my pocket along with my jet black lighter. I sigh before sparking up, and inhaling the toxic fumes that may one day kill me. I lean my head back in relief.

The sound of cars passing by invades my ears. I look up at the sky at the many stars the light it up. The moon shines through the clouds. I sigh as I look back in front of me. The silhouettes of the many trees and bushes that outline the field come into focus through the thick blackness of the night. The wind picks up, making the leaves rustle. I shiver at the change of temperature. I hug myself for warmth. 

"Fuck me..." I mutter to myself in a raspy voice before inhaling more of the toxic fumes from the cigarette that's sitting perfectly between my fingers. 

-

"Simon?" A faint voice calls out. It's barely audible. "Hello?" I call out as I stand up. A smaller silhouette walks towards me. "Samantha?" I question as the figure walks towards me. "Simon." They murmur. I instantly know who it is. Samantha. "I'm here, babe." I mutter as I walk towards her. 

I finally see her face. Her eyes are slightly puffy. Her lips are chapped and cracked. "What happened?" I ask as I pull her into a hug. "I had a nightmare, and you wasn't there." She croaks. "I'm sorry baby." I mumble before planting a kiss on top of her head. "Why did you leave?" She asks as she looks up at me. "Smoke." I simply say as I hold up my cigarette. "Oh..." She hums. "Sorry." I apologize. "It's fine." She says as she hugs me tightly. "You sure?" I question. "Mhm." She hums with a small, soft smile. "Okay." I nod before kissing her forehead.

-

We sit down. I lean against the brick wall that separates us from the 'outside world'. Samantha sits directly in front of me. I tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear, making her smile. "I love you." I smile warmly at her. "I love you too." She mumbles. 

Without thinking, I light up another cigarette. "You've just had one, and now you're having another?" She questions. "I know." I sigh as I look at her. "Why?" She asks. "Cravings." I simply say in a slightly raspy voice. "Oh." She says in response.

"Why did you start smoking?" She asks; curiosity in her voice. "Family issues, and issues in general." I mutter. "Wanna talk about it?" She asks as she grabs my free hand. I shrug, not really knowing. "You don't have to, but it'll help." She says. "All I'm going to say is... My family is shit, and I have to much going off in my mind." I explain. "Well, I'm always here for you, Simon." Samantha says before kissing my hand. "I know babe, and thank you." I smile softly at her. "Thanks for what?" She asks. "Being there for me." I state. "Well, I feel like someone has to, apart from Tobi and all them lot." She smiles at me. "I guess." I shrug.

-

I take one last drag out of my second cigarette before standing up, along with Samantha. We intertwine our fingers as we make our way back inside. As we walk in, I check my phone to see I have a message from JJ.

From JJ: saw you w/ samantha... kinda cute ngl. didn't wanna disturb you so staying in josh's and tobi's room. don't fuck up m8.

I smile at the message before putting my phone back into my pocket. "Why you smiling?" Samantha asks as she looks up at me. "JJ saw us two asleep, and said that it was kinda cute. He didn't wanna disturb us so he's staying in Josh's and Tobi's room with them." I explain to her. "Bless him." She lightly chuckles. "I know." I chuckle. 

-

I open the door and allow her to walk inside first. "Such a gentleman." She smiles lovingly at me. "I have my moment babe." I say, making her giggle. 

We intertwine our fingers again before walking down the dark, eerie corridors of the school towards the dorm rooms. 

"I take it we're going back to mine." I mutter as I look down at her. "Unless you wanna be confronted by Ruby, then yeah." She chuckles. "Fair enough." I lightly chuckle. 

-

We walk up the stairs and down the dimly lit corridor of the boys dorm rooms. I swiftly open my room door and allow Samantha to walk in first. I walk in right after, and close the door behind us. 

"I'm so glad it's the weekend." I sigh as I flop onto my bed next to her. "Same." She mumbles as she cuddles up to me. I wrap my arms around her waist as she rests her head on my chest. "Comfy?" I ask as I look down at her. "Mhm." She hums. "Good." I smile. 

"I'm so fucking tired still." Samantha groans. "Go to sleep then babe." I chuckle. She just nods as she nuzzles her head into the crook of my neck. "Goodnight Simon." She mumbles before kissing my neck. "Goodnight, love." I mumble back. 

-

Here's a long ass chapter. You're welcome.