WH 2

His words were that or a loving husband, something my mother didn’t ever really have. It was then that I noticed she was wearing a twenty caret diamond tennis bracelet. I also started to see that a lot of the house items were newer and safer for her. Our appliances were out dated and old, but there were new stainless steel ones. I started to cry, he had been taking really good care of my mom, and I didn’t even notice. “Oh honey what’s wrong?” She put the cup down to hug me.” I cried a little harder. “I’m sorry mom, I didn’t even know, and now your still trying to take care of me.” I wiped my eyes on my sleeve. “Edon, its okay. Look its my fault ‘I shook my head’ yes it is, I never told you why we left or what was happening to you, I was scared and didn’t know how to” she started to cry. John got a little uncomfortable, but stayed put…for the time being.

    “Edon, I will tell you what happened. The day I told you to stay in the house, that day you went outside to play with you friend. When your glasses came off and your hair fell out of hat. You were known as the wolf child, your father was…is a high chief to an Indian tribe. You have the same everything as him. The people knew who you were and wanted you to be a leader there. But you were just a child and I didn’t want the power to go to your head.” She paused while John handed her a tissue.

    “ Why does it matter? Your not a wolf mom, so wouldn’t that make me just a half breed?” I was a little confused by the whole thing. Then John broke in, “No, unlike Vampires, wolves normally don’t need two full blooded parents to have a full blood child. Since your father was a pure blood and a chief, that makes you a full blooded princess. Your name means wolf, the only reason the people didn’t figure it out as quickly is because your mother named you wolf in a different langue, better know as French.”   He gave me a few minutes to take that in before continuing.

    “ Love do you want me to give her everything?” He asked my mother. She nodded to him. “Okay. Being that your female, you are prized more. Female wolves are rare in packs, and if there are females in a pack the norm is one to two. Three is hard to come by. Packs that don’t have any females will hunt for you, and being that you’re a blood princess your worth just went through the roof.” He sighed. I started to talk when he started again. “Picking a pack for Werewolves is not like picking out a car, if you pick wrong it’s a bitch to trade it in. And again since your female the likeliness of them letting you go is almost slim.”
    “John” I broke in before he could start again. “Yes”  I wiped my eyes one more time. “Do I have to be in a pack?”

    The look he gave me was pure glee, “Umm no you don’t but that just means your going to be chased a lot.”  he was waiting for me to ask another question, I think. My mother broke into the conversation. “Edon have any wolves come to you yet?” She asked. I thought about it for a minute. “No, most wolves don’t live in the city, so if there was one I probably wouldn’t see them.”  I looked back at John who was fiddling with the I pad again. “Okay well that  will not last long, your almost twenty which by wolf points means your within breeding rights.” I stopped him “WHAT!”  I turned to my mother, who was nodding her head yes. “When you hit twenty you will start to smell more like a wolf then a human. That’s probably why no other wolves have bothered with you.”
    I sunk lower in my chair hugging my stuffed toy. “What am I supposed to do if they come looking for me?” I asked, it was an open question, I really didn’t care who answered it.

John spoke first. “Well your mother and I have been talking about moving, the city is to noisy for her and you are gonna need room to run, wolves get pissy when they can’t run or hunt.” I grunted to myself.  “We were thinking since I can find wolves just as well as any wolf can, I can do some recon work and make sure there isn’t a huge population of wolves at the next location we chose to move to. That way you won’t have to worry as much about being chased.” John smiled and rubbed my mothers hand to calm her nerves.