Chapter 19: 'Love is always the answer.'

Pang.

"Really? That's great!" You put up a convincing, yet fake smile.

Marco's grin is wider. "I know, right? So I suppose you could help me with this? What I should wear? What I should say to her?" His eyes are larger that turns into puppy dog-eyes with a smiling pout.

Dammit.

How can I say no to this?

SAY NO!

"Yes. Of course, Marco."

GOSHDAMMIT, Y/N! How could you do that? Ugh, why―

Suddenly, Marco hugs you. "Aw, thanks, Y/N! You're the best."

"Hehe. Yeah..."

△◆△◆ Sunday.

"Hey, Y/N! Wanna play, 'What Could Go Wrong' the boardgame with me?" Star invites while Janna opens the cover.

You sigh. "I love to, but no thanks."

"Aw, why?"

"I'm helping Marco for his prom with Jackie," You say. Star notices your down expression but nonetheless, she wiggles her eyebrows. Janna also smirks. "What?" You question.

"Oh, no it's cool, dude." Janna shrugs. "You should hang out with Marco."

"Wait, Janna knew about this?"

Star smiles sheepily. "Yeah... I sort of told her during the party."

God―

You have one job, Star. I don't even have a crush on him.

"Y/N?" Marco enters the room. "What are you doing? Let's go!"

"Oh. Right." You walk towards him. Star and Janna wiggle their own eyebrows and smirk at Marco in which you didn't completely notice. He holds up a confuse expression until he closes the door.

"Hm," Star hums. "I bet twenty dollars Y/N's gonna fall in love with Marco.

Janna points to herself. "Well, I bet a hundred dollars Marco's gonna fall in love with Y/N."

△◆△◆

"Ah, the Echo Creek Mall. A place where bored teenagers often hang out," Marco announces.

"So is it like― Quest Buy?"

"No! It's nothing about that non-functional, old mall." He scoffs as the both of you start to walk. "In here, everything is organized and whenever we need to find something, we can ask a security guard or a salesperson, not some sloths."

"Oh... okay," you say. "So where are we going first?"

You and Marco agreed to go to the department store. Some people would mistaken you as couples which Marco would just roll his eyes and you would ignore it.

"Good day, sir! How can I help you?" Asks the saleslady.

This is gonna be a long day, huh?

△◆△◆

"How 'bout this?"

Marco lifts up a hanger holding a (hatedcolor) dress shirt. You cringe at the sight; how can he wear such a disgusting color?

"Mm-mm. Not your color."

Marco sighs. He picks another one. "What about this one?"

It was (yourcolor) and you love it on him. Your eyes light up. "It's cute!"